HELP GRIZZLY AN REDS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

RobD

Re: HELP GRIZZLY AN REDS

Post by RobD »

I've got a Cub, and I don't think the line is the brace height mark. Mine has the Danny Miller baby bumpers on it, and with the new string from Mike it sits about 1" from the rail joint and has about the right distance from the bumpers (3/8" to 1/4", haven't measured it exactly, just eyeballed it while the string finishes stretching).

I would definitely be interested in hearing what Danny has to say as well. I've read the line on the rail going either way as the string mark.
Micro Suppressor 400 TD
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
ThackMan

Re: HELP GRIZZLY AN REDS

Post by ThackMan »

xcaliber wrote:No magic mystery with the string thing. If the Flemish String is heavier in weight than the Endless Loop on the bow, and both are made with performance materials, the heavier string will be a bit slower. The gain is the cool look that the Flemish offer, and the stronger loops with twice the strand count of material. You will get less felt vibration as well with the Flemish String, and they sound softer on the shot. I would give up a few FPS for one personally. :wink:
Good luck, hope you get it all worked out soon, and enjoy a great season!

That's what I was trying to say about the Flemish string It just "feels" and sounds better. Also I can't find it right now but I read that that line is not the brace height. It is close to the max recommended brace height but no where near the min brace height. It should be just about the same as all other matrix bows measured off of the riser.
BD400 w/ TT, HHA, Leupold 2-7x 33mm, 8ptbuk String, Munch Mount "Y", Kwikee-3SS, Dr Stirrup Kit
Grizzly, 8ptbuk String
18" SSST 112 gr Insert, SK300, Ignitor
18" BEZS 110 gr insert, Blazers, Lumenok
VPA 3 blade vented 100 gr