Preparing for the Hunt

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

retrieverman

Preparing for the Hunt

Post by retrieverman »

My girlie girl gymnast 11 year old daughter, who up to this point had absolutely no interest in hunting, has expressed interest in hunting with me this year, but with her practice schedule, it's made finding time to shoot tough. We spent most of the weekend at a meet in Houston but got home early enough to let her shoot a little this evening. She is deadly accurate with a rifle, and I really think she's getting the crossbow down pretty well too.

longbow joe

Re: Preparing for the Hunt

Post by longbow joe »

My daughters are little older into gymnastics and swimming have never really been into hunting but they love any kind of shooting (bow and gun)and love fishing with me. It dosnt matter any time with them is cherished.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Nice pics and like the dog in the background :)

My daughter who is 12 wants a bow and hunt with me next season. So we'll get a bow this winter and let her practice indoors and go for her exam nest spring.

Oh I'm going to show my daughter the photos. Thanks for posting.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Way to get her involved. Looks like she's ready for the hunt...
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Nice to see young people doing something that is not electronic.
This is the best way to instill an appreciation for animals and a healthy eco system , way to go.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow »

This will be the 2nd year my daughter has hunted with me. Last year she passed on a button buck and did not have a good shot on another deer. This year I have got permission for her to hunt on some private land that backs up to a preserve. Owner says there are good deer coming through his property all the time. I can't wait for her to get another opportunity!!

30 Yards with the Micro 335....Her quote, "I got it right between the eyes"!!
Micro 335 - Vixenmaster String, Diablo, Slick Trick 150
M380 - Hawke XB30 Pro, Vixenmaster String, Quill, VPA 150 / FOC
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....I just love hearing when the youngens take flight in the sport....and when the future mom's of the world :shock: (not if their dad's have their way! :lol: :lol: :lol: ) become involved it is so much more rewarding!

Keep up the good work DWDWH! (Dad's With Daughters Who Hunt! :wink: )

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
SEC-ond 2 none

Post by SEC-ond 2 none »

Good on you for taking time to teach her. Memories will be made and cherished forever, by both of you.

Also Congratulations to ALL the Dads and Moms for taking time to teach your Children, Grandchildren or any child to Hunt and Fish and enjoy the Great Outdoors. Its a great investment of your time and effort.

Stephen
Matrix 380
acreek

Post by acreek »

That's great. I have two daughters, well one already here and one about three months away, and I think the crossbow is an excellent way to introduce them into the shooting sports.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Nice to hear kids passing on young deer like button buck....our first year dad left us kill doe but after that you had to hunt a nice buck ..you told no one you killed a doe or you would be made fun of at school..

Those were days when you would see 8 bucks daily easy hunting and you were up all night excited to get back out to get Buck..

its sad what has happened to pa with all doe killing .now if you see 4 deer in week you are lucky ..Hunters have ruined the deer hunting here on publicland they even shoot fawns and proud of it....