Time to re-fletch: Need some advice!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Rocko1

Time to re-fletch: Need some advice!!

Post by Rocko1 »

It' time for me to re-fletch my Beman Thunderbolts and I need some advice. Do you guys prefer 4" or 5" Fletching? Vanes or Feathers? Offset or slight helical? Also do you have any advice for getting the fletching to stick better? I used Bohning platinum last time and it did not stick real well to the slick surface of the Bemans. Thanks in advance for all your help!! :?
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Rocko Ive tried both feathers and vanes I prefer duravanes..http://www.duravanes.com/
there is alot of good advise there and you can see for yourself the good quality they have..
however I do carry a kill arrow with me thats 4 inch feathers for those windy days...more forgiving seems.. :wink:

4 inch for me right helical 6 degree i think is what my jig is..I use bond tite. Im happy with it.

so hope that helps some..mabey BJ will see your thread I believe he is the right source for the best info....

good luck to ya
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
BigBear

Post by BigBear »

I fletch my own Bemans...i use 4" duravanes and fletch tite...also before i fletch, i use a 3-M scrub pad to clean the shaft..(makes it more dull and allows for the vanes to stick better)..then i clean the shaft with acetone before i start....works great!...good luck..
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
Don

Post by Don »

Vanes usually say no prep required but I always clean mine with rubbing alcohol before fletching anyhow. Sticks better for me that way.

Don :lol: