Matrix 330 15.5" Quill-stuck in target

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ThackMan

Re: Matrix 330 15.5" Quill-stuck in target

Post by ThackMan »

I recently tried making a broadhead target. Get as many cardboard boxes as you can find flatten them, stack them and then band them (or ratchet strap them).
Works great stopping them and if one gets stuck just take the target apart. It's like a poor man's block target. :mrgreen:
BD400 w/ TT, HHA, Leupold 2-7x 33mm, 8ptbuk String, Munch Mount "Y", Kwikee-3SS, Dr Stirrup Kit
Grizzly, 8ptbuk String
18" SSST 112 gr Insert, SK300, Ignitor
18" BEZS 110 gr insert, Blazers, Lumenok
VPA 3 blade vented 100 gr
Possum

Post by Possum »

bowmajik wrote:I was also told by basspro shop camel's reinheart and a few people on this forum 10 yards is too close of a shooting distance which may cause some issues of arrow removal..I'm in no way and expert but I hope my input helps.

Regards,
Get you a Third Hand bag and stuff it with old jeans (minus the zippers, buttons and rivets) burlap old shirts and so on. Use field points only on the bag target. I've shot mine as close as 8 feet away when using my chrono and only penetrated about 1/2 way. My wife, she said "accidentally" put a 130 gr 38 special round into my bag target from 10 yards away. The 38 slug was still in the target.

... and like others have said, get Danny Miller's Arrow Puller. I just got me one a couple weeks ago. Make life a lot easier when pulling arrows from 3D and broadhead targets. And Danny is a great guy to deal with.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Php 4:13
dctaz

Post by dctaz »

Not sure what happened but my account disappeared so I created it again. I think I'll have to stick to my bag of rags, it works well except the last shot with the broadhead as you need to open the bag and sort through the laundry to get to the broadhead. Seems better than the struggle I had with the foam. The other option is to shoot multiple bolts at different parts of the target and when I am happy then I can loosen the ratchet straps and take the foam apart.