Your favorite tree stand?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

which treestand for you?

Ladder stand
39%
Hang-on (with tree steps)
13%
Hang-on (with climbing sticks or tree spike climbers)
3%
Climber type stand
39%
Other
6%

Total votes: 31

wabi

Your favorite tree stand?

Post by wabi »

The thread on climbers got me thinking, so I thought I'd throw in a poll. I'll probably miss one, but of my experience with tree stands the ladder stand is by far my favorite.
A hang-on with screw-in steps is used second most. And the climber is used least. I use climbing sticks to hang the hang-on, but it's a chore to pack everything, so I add screw-in steps after I'm happy with a location.
The ladder stand is heavy and a real pain to install, but once it's there it's by far the easiest & safest to enter & exit, solid as a rock, and very quiet.
The hang-on fits a wide variety of trees, but is a little harder to enter & exit. It is fairly easy to hang, reasonable weight to transport, but not real mobile if I decide to move.
The climber is picky about the trees it will work on. It's very mobile though, and you don't have to worry about theft or vandalism. It's reasonably easy to transport, and it allows you to easily move locations or adjust height.
wabi
RichardS

Post by RichardS »

I voted climber because of how secure they make me feel.
-Richard-
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

I voted ladder because of how secure they make me feel. :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Whatever stand works the best. I'll hang from my gotch if I know it means a good buck.

Hunting in trees is new to me. Let you know after the season is over.

Grey Owl
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Homemade ladder and platform. Similiar to a treehouse, without the walls.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.

Post by Guest »

The $60 ladder stands from Cabelas are my choice at this point. They're easy to set up, even for a gimp.
Before trashing my dominant shoulder twice in one year, I used to use Grizzly Ameristeps and hang-on stands. I'd take a portable drill with an 1/8" bit and put those steps in up to 25'+. I have'nt moved any of those portables since my surgeries. Just can't do it. Too much arthritis, and I'm only 40!! :shock:
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I voted other. My treestand is really cheap and goes everywhere I go. It's my butt!