Tact Zone scope magnification question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Larry

Tact Zone scope magnification question

Post by Larry »

I have read that the Tact Zone has a 2.5-6 magnification range. Now that I'm looking at it, the scope seems to be fixed and not variable. What am I missing? What is the actual magnification? I am guessing 2.5
Thanks
Larry
vixenmaster

Re: Tact Zone scope magnification question

Post by vixenmaster »

Oh its certainly a variable move the fps/speed ring up n down you will see the change
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Larry

Post by Larry »

Thanks for the response. I would have thought that the fps/speed ring should be left alone once sighted in.
Larry
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

If you use the yards lines from 30 to 50 you use the FPS ring so it hits at those yards.This reason i do not use the FPS as that but i use it as zoom scope using 20 yd line only out to 40 yds.i like fps 380 which is around 5 power for my buck hunting using 20 yd line...

if i used the FPS on my micro it would be at 315 fps.thats awful around 2 power my eyes at 62 are not that good..lol..

20 yd line is not affected by moving the FPS knob only 30/50 ...
Boo

Post by Boo »

Magnification is not important. That speed ring is only used to help you shoot at the said distances. Once set with your set up, you no longer move the ring.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

I actually have great success using the zoom/speed dial to my advantage for long range shooting.

Once my bow is sighted in perfect at 20 yards on its' fastest setting, I then move back from the target in 10 yard increments all the way to 60 yards to establish the "constant" setting for my particular bow/arrow/point setup. It happens to be 380fps on my M380Xtra and 410fps on my Lynx...(w/ field tips)

Then by dialing my scope power down I can work my way further away from the target. I continue using the 60 yard referance triangle in my scope as my aim point. So my setting for 80yrds is about 310fps and my 100 yard setting is 275-280 on the dial. With the scope dial backed out all the way to the stop point, I am dead on at 120yards while using the 60yrd reference.

Works easily as well as a HHA and is much faster!

You just have to remember to reset your dial after playing at 100 yards. :mrgreen:
Last edited by MTBighorn on Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larry

Post by Larry »

Thanks guys for all of your advice. That helps.
Larry
ADM Hawk

Post by ADM Hawk »

MTBighorn wrote:I actually have great success using the zoom/speed dial to my advantage for long range shooting.

Once my bow is sighted in perfect at 20 yards on its' fastest setting, I then move back from the target in 10 yard increments all the way to 60 yards to establish the "constant" setting for my particular bow/arrow/point setup. It happens to be 380fps on my M380Xtra and 410fps on my Lynx.

Then by dialing my scope power down I can work my way further away from the target. I continue using the 60 yard referance triangle in my scope as my aim point. So my setting for 80yrds is about 310fps and my 100 yard setting is 275-280 on the dial. With the scope dial backed out all the way to the stop point, I am dead on at 120yards while using the 60yrd reference.

Works easily as well as a HHA and is much faster!

You just have to remember to reset your dial after playing at 100 yards. :mrgreen:
So your using the 60 yard reference for 80 and 100 but just adjusting the FPS dial to a slower speed?
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

ADM HAWKE, the center crosshairs remain constant and do not move when moving the speed dial up or down. If you look through the scope you'll see that moving the dial to the faster numbers makes the 30 - 60 hash marks move closer together and moving the dial to the slower numbers makes those marks move further apart. The center crosshair only moves by using the adjustment turrets.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Like what Paul said who helped me..i have my TZ scope sighted in at 30 yds dead ONLY using the 20 yd crosshair..

you can turn the FPS up to 410fps and it does not change the poi..
with my eyes i cannot use the FPS at 300 that is about 2 power...i think 410fps is 5 or 6 power ..

out to 30 yards on Buck i like 380fps i leave it there now,out to 40 yards i like 410fps ..

here is what my zombie arrows at 16 inchs 412 grs did....

20 yds 3 and 1/2 high
30 dead
35 ,3 and 1/2 inchs low
40 ,7 inchs low

scope and those arrows are shooting in same holes over and over at 30 yards with spitfire 106 gr points....spitfires are not 100 gr ...