Fellow hunter hypocrites

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Fellow hunter hypocrites

Post by longbow joe »

I am by no means a pro hunter i would like to be but its never gonna happen.I have taken over 12 pope n young deer with vertical bow over the years that i never even bothered to register because i really dont care about that . My point is that a lot of my friends go ....oh well gets big deer because he has a good spot or hes lucky.These are the same people that are home sitting on there a$$es watching football when im out scouting and trimming trees on sunday . Never mind the little food plots i planted a month ago sweating like hell wile they were home in the ac and the work i do for my farmer friend all year ...i guess im just lucky...sorry had to vent l was willing to help a friend put up a stand today but "he couldnt get up" on time. But he will be the one to bitch if iget one now.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Fletch2

Re: Fellow hunter hypocrites

Post by Fletch2 »

We all know people like that :roll:
2012 vortex
vixenmaster string
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I agree . To be consistent it takes some thought and sweat .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I hear that Joe. I think we all know a guy, or two just like that! You reap what you sow. Remind them of that phrase next time the start belly aching! 8)
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

The REAL hunt starts WAY before the season starts !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Mark Rainbolt

Post by Mark Rainbolt »

Yep got a guy like that here, he comes to the farm during rifle season. He complains about not seeing deer and when I kill a good buck. I always hear you never put me in a good spot. And I tell him where were you when we were putting in food plots and hanging stands!! He always has an excuse that he was busy or something came up. Well at the end of last year I told him to find another place to hunt. Oh yeah by the way this is my farm and my brother I kicked of the farm.
God Bless,
Mark
I walk in the light with my Lord and Savior!!!
2011 Excalibur Vortex with a Twilight DLX Scope
Boo Custom Strings
Boo Custom Trigger
Gold Tip Laser IV's
100gr. Swacker Broadheads
Onestringer Arrow Wraps, with Blazer Vanes
Equals a Deadly Weapon!!!
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

We all know " that guy " :x
I know someone who joins a high dollar club, never puts in a work day would rather just pay the fine. Then he hunts over food plots that someone else planted that's had corn dumped on it in all year then brags about the big bucks he kills. :?
I hunt public land with no food plots and no baiting allowed. I start scouting and cleaning up my sites after turkey season and don't stop until the first of August. I have to work my ass off to be successful and when I do kill a decent buck to hear him say he would have passed on it makes me want scream! :evil: :evil:
I put a hundred times more work into my season...he just buys his way through his.
Some people have no respect for the game they hunt. :(
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

By the same token i understand a public land trophy is no different than any other if your property has 6 pointers as a trophy you still have to work scout and do you homework and outsmart the weekend warriors no difference if you hunt public land and bag a racked buck consistantly ever year you know exactly what im talking about.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

There was a wise gentleman that said "you reap what you sow".Me thinks your reaping the rewards of your efforts.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
acreek

Post by acreek »

Vent away. Haha.

I started hunting on land my relatives owned. I would always ask where other people were hunting and then go hunt some other place on the property. Pretty soon, I ran out of places to hunt because my relatives always moved into where I had hunted and had shot nice bucks. I was even told by my grandparents, you can't hunt there so and so is now hunting there. Well, I didn't own the land so off I went.

I started hunting public land and did so exclusively for 7-8 years. However, I was visiting one fall and knew someone in the family had acquired extra acreage which opened the old land back up. I asked if anyone hunted in this one specific area and was told that no one had hunted there for about five years. I was given permission to hunt there. I played it smart, only hunting when conditions were perfect and left it alone otherwise. Sure enough I kill a big 11 pointer, biggest by far ever killed on the property. Next year I'm told three cousins are hunting there and I can't hunt it. So I move to a different area and shoot a boss 9 pointer. Next year I'm told another cousin has moved his stand there and I have to relocate again. Well I did, moving about 20 miles away to a place I call Heaven in the Hills. Now when they complain there are no deer around I just smile and laugh inside.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Thats a great story .I got these jokers following me around now doing stand monopoly. the funny thing is i went back were one of there old stands was and killed a 14 point no typical 2 years ago and a giant 7 pointer last year there now there weaseling back in again. Im seein an important pattern now that they dont see......................the idiots leave their stands at 10 am during the rut and the deer are totally aware of it and i just stay in my stand and kill deer after deer at 12 noon i love this stuff.
SEW

Post by SEW »

It often takes a lot of work to "create luck". I work on my food plots, help my 83 year old farmer (on whose land I've hunted for 33 years) by doing his dentistry for free, and keeping him well supplied with all the processed deer meat he wants, etc. Now, when I go work on my or his land, my wife just knows I'm creating luck.
But don't we get satisfaction when it all comes together!
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Those that want to buy there success I call Killers, those that want to grab their bow shoot 6 er 8 times to get it dialed in, and show up for season opener or expect to go out sit down and have a deer walk in front of em I call "Agents of Fortune", those that become one with their equipment and spends the time to be efficient with there hunting land,,, I call hunters!!

PS, Hunters really don't care what others think,, we know why it happens!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

53 years hunting deer mostly Bucks here in toughest part of state to get deer Wmu2g of pa wilds..All publicland, no food plots ,no baiting and lots of hunter pressure with few deer left because of the deer reduction program pa has in affect kill off doe....

in those 53 years i got 49 bucks....This will be first year i use a crossbow to make it easier on me at 62 years old hard for me to pull my 1965 bear kodiack bow with cedar arrows..

You folks talk about hard...try hunting where you cannot bait or have food plots ,where a hunter can put stand in front of you or kill off all doe around you and ruin your spot...
place where they see your truck and know that ole sproul has buck picked out in that area so lets hunt there ..Follow you with your ruff grouse dog because you know spots ..
this is publicland and have out of state hunters tell you they put their stand up 2 days before you in that spot you hunted for 53 years ,GET OUT..Try dealing with that ..

Do to lack of deer now in wmu2g of pa hunters know where every buck is located and will sit close to your spot or try to chaee you out of area..

on oct 16th we have rally at lock haven,pa to try to stop the doe killing that has ruined our publicland here in wmu2g..I used to see 25 deer per day now if i see 4 deer per week i am lucky....

yet MY friends are mad we are having this rally they want to kill as many doe as they can even tho there is none..very few care about BUCK hunting all they say is SPROUL FILL THE FREEZER they wear this like award on their chest ..very few care if there is 1 doe left its greed at its fineist and has ruined the great hunting we had here ...

its so bad that this is first year i carry a pistol while walking in woods the nuts and hunters who must get deer at all cost are increasing like i never saw in my lifetime ....Sad all WORK we did improving forest, feeding deer,sportsmans clubs is being destroyed by the fill the freezer gangs that only want meat and do not care how they get it......
artifact

Post by artifact »

Not that much better here, thank Gary Alt for starting the ball rolling to decimate the deer herd.
When it first started: hey I got 8 doe licenses and this is great, now it's geez there are no deer around except in developments and private property. Most of these hunters didn't think far enough ahead to realize it takes doe to make buck, and the less doe the less buck!
Over the years I heard more gun shots on the last day of buck season only than I have been hearing on the first day of deer season over the last several years,
also you don't see near the amount of hunters parked at spots that you always did for years.
One thing we learned a long time ago, if you have a good spot on open land where you shoot a buck every year, better keep your mouth shut or lie like heck or you won't be alone for long just like sproulman is saying, and that also applies to any good fishing spots!