Taking my nephew/Godson to hunter safety training

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Marmot

Taking my nephew/Godson to hunter safety training

Post by Marmot »

I am bringing a new hunter into the fold this week; namely, my nephew/Godson. He is basically a good kid who has tremendous potential (i.e., he has talent scouts from various schools, such as Virginia Military Institute, courting him for his lacrosse skills and academic ability); however, he is starting to "hang out" with the wrong crowd. His father does not hunt, so I thought that I would do the right thing and introduce him to hunting. After all, if it had not been for my uncle (my mother's sister's husband), I would have never learned to hunt or fish.
RichardS

Post by RichardS »

I was having my share of problems when I was in high school. Got in with the "wrong crowd", fried a few brain cells and than realized I was one of the bad crowd.

Got into hunting and met a lot of new people (many my age) and started to appreciate life alot more.

Hunting is my way out of real life. When Im in the bush I forget about the stresses of school and family, much the same as riding a motorbike.

I think you are doing your nephew a great favor as I had no one introduce me to hunting. I would have appreciated a mentor to help me get started.

Good for you!
Last edited by RichardS on Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Richard-
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Marmot, if you were here, I'd pat you on the back, and possibly hug you. I know for a fact that what you are doing, will for sure save this young fellow from total failure. Nature is a natural healer, it takes the place of any potent drug. When I go out hunting or just for a walk in the forest, I'm just on a freak'in high.

Congratulations Marmot, you found your reason for being.

Your ma' man.

Grey Owl