Dry fired compound crossbow...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Richard

Dry fired compound crossbow...

Post by Richard »

Hi everyone,

a friend of mine has dry fired his Barnett Commando II Compound crossbow. :roll:
He brought it to the bow shop and they put a new string on it. The limbs seem to be ok as far as they saw.
No my question: Is there a possible danger to the shooter when he fires a once dry fired crossbow? Can any parts fly in his direction?
What do you think?
brendan

Post by brendan »

i'm no expert. but, what if a damaged limb fails while the bow is cocked? A world of hurt. :(
RichardS

Post by RichardS »

Its a good excuse to buy an Excalibur.

I would not risk it :wink:
-Richard-
Richard

Post by Richard »

Ok, thanks for the information, guys!
One word to RichardS:
I see that you post quite often in this forum and there may be some confusions if I have such a similar name...
So if you want, I could change my name without any problem, I've choosen "Richard" just because I like the name but I can take another nick without any problem! I don't have a deeper relationship to this name.

So if you or some other users think that it's better to choose another name it's no problem at all for me.
What do you think? (I think, it's not a bad idea)

BTW: If some of my words are not used correctly please forgive me, I'm still learning! :)
RichardS

Post by RichardS »

Richard,
Unless you dont want to get confused with my poor spelling, poor grammer and sometimes contriversial views dont worry about your name!

I greatly appreciate the extension!

Thanks so much for the consideration, but you can keep the name!

Thanks again!
-Richard-
Richard

Post by Richard »

@ RichardS:
Unless you dont want to get confused with my poor spelling, poor grammer and sometimes contriversial views dont worry about your name!
:D :wink:

Thanks, mate!

Man, in this forum are such friendly, helpful people!

BTW: My friend now plans to buy a Excalibur! (I wonder if the dry shot maybe wasn't a accident... Maybe he just wanted to have a argument to buy a Excalibur for himself after he shot mine... :wink: 8) )
RichardS

Post by RichardS »

When a friend of mine shot my exocet he suddenly discovered some burrs on his limbs of his rhino and decided it was not safe to shoot. He bought a vixen and ended up selling the rhino to the bow shop who said there was noting wrong with the limbs.
-Richard-