Electric knife-Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

A.W

Post by A.W »

I use an electric knife as well as a regular knife. The meat still has to be partly frozen. If I had a slicer I would use that ibstead.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
A.W

Post by A.W »

bstout wrote:Thanks A.W. What make and model of electric knife do you use? I basically filet a deer out without cutting any bone using a Rapala filet knife designed for fishing. Been doing this for years. Last year was my first year for doing jerky and cutting deer up into tiny pieces is a lot of work versus just cutting up a bunch of steaks, roasts and such.
The electric one cost about $20. The other knife is just one bought at Zellers that came in a wooden block/holder. The longest one. It's like a butchers slicing knife. Nothing special. I wouldn't use the fillet knife for the big slicing. Need a solid spine on it. (Non-serated blade. Serated blades tend to fill up with the membrane)
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.

Post by Guest »

I would invest in a jerky shooter instead of a knife. I'm really impressed with mine. I can use any recipe that I used before only I mix it in ground meat instead of the strips. The jerky shooter looks like a big caulking gun. You fill the tube with ground meat and go.You can make jerky strips or lay out(oot to you Canadians) slim jim type round sticks. All kinds of recipes available from BasPro, Cabela's, etc.
icthus153

Post by icthus153 »

bstout , i have a rapala knife that i use for scaled critters and furry ones , mine is the 12 v and 120 v model but if i could do it again i would just have a 120 v model, the extra wires and the step down xformer is a pain.