test results - Wasp Boss Bullet & YellowJacket target

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

test results - Wasp Boss Bullet & YellowJacket target

Post by wabi »

Got the YellowJacket target and Was Boss Bullet broadheads today and had to try them.
Set the target at 20 yards and set up 5 arrows. 1 - G-5 Montec, 1 SlickTrick, and 3 Boss Bullets. The YellowJacket target has a 1" black bullseye on a 3" yellow ring.
The results of round 1
Montec in the black.
SlickTrick touching the black.
Wasp Boss Bullets all in the yellow - one high right, one high left, and one low center.
And all arrows had the fletching buried in the target.
Performance might be improved with different arrows, but I was not impressed. Sure, they would do for deer at 20 yards, but I'm used to tack driving accuracy from my Exocet. They aren't in the same class with the G-5 Montecs, or the SlickTricks, in my opinion. I'll test further with different weight arrows and different FOC setups, but I'll be hunting with Montecs or SlickTricks when season opens :wink:
And the YellowJacket target doesn't stop the broadheads as well as I expected. From a vert bow it would be OK (longer arrows) but I hate to see fletching buried in the foam.
wabi
Dusty

Test result

Post by Dusty »

Hi Wabi

I am using the Exocet mag, and I using 2219, with Was Boss 100 gr. and they are flying good, all the way out to 50 yrs. I used the samed broadhead in the 125 gr. and they did not perform as well, they would drop. I was shooting into a blackhole foam and even out at 50 yrs the bolt would go about 3 inches from the fletching.

Good luck

Dusty