ThermaCELL do you have yours ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mdcrossbow

ThermaCELL do you have yours ?

Post by mdcrossbow »

Mosquito Repellent. Also works on Black Flys.

I can personaly say the thing works great. I used it in South Carolina turkey hunting this year in the swamps and I turned it on and sat it next to me on the ground and with in 5 mins. There were no skitters around.
Philip W.

Post by Philip W. »

Went deer hunting on opening day of deer season this past weekend and the mosquitoes drove me insane...Even with my Bug Tamer suit, I go pounded...

Monday at lunch time, I went to the hardware store and got me a ThermaCell and some replacement cartridges/wafers...

They say they are odorless, but even if the deer can smell them, I will hunt with the wind and take my chances just to keep those little winged vampires off of me...
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

I've got mine , but cant seem to find a place where replacements are half way cheap..

They DO WORK great.............
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

I am going to grt one, seen them at Home Depot. Maybe this week end. Thanks fer the heads up on the item. The mosquitoes have not been that bad here this year but I have not been in the woods that much as yet. Colder weather is on the way....

mosquitoes here in Oct. maybe maybe not but I still want one fer CAMPING.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
A.W

Post by A.W »

Don't think they are available in Canada yet.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
RichardS

Post by RichardS »

Im going to pick mine up on my trip to NC at the end of Oct. If any of you Canuks want one let me know and Ill bring one back for ya!
-Richard-
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

http://www.thermacell.net you can order them on line . In a store there about $37.00
gametrail

Post by gametrail »

They sound great fishing and hunting. :shock: Where can i get one :?:
Allan

Post by Allan »

The mosquitoes are tame here by the time the season starts.
RichardS

Post by RichardS »

NOT early goose season in the swamp!!! :D
-Richard-
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

Richard, it works , If it works on Assitique Island it will work in your swamp.
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

I have only used mine in the backyard,, seems to work good... without it, the little blood suckers drive you crazy,, :shock: So I will be taking mine with me for sure during the early part of the deer season :wink:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
brayhaven

Post by brayhaven »

I too have heard good things about them. How do they do in the wind? I've always had good luck with plain old DEET products. That's in the FL coastal hardwood swamps where they often carry off turkey hens with lust in their minds :o). State bird .
Greg
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

They have them in camo also.....ThermaCELL Mosquito Repellent Camouflage Unit = 29.95 + 6.95 shipping from the above link by DAVEHAWK :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
chessy

Post by chessy »

been using mine since i came back from cabelas 4 weeks ago used it for early goose in rice lake swamp ... no bites ... used it in a hay field for yote hunting no bites these things are incredible ..... i bought 4 of the units for me and buddies .. one guy did not want it when i brought them home . i have a spare one i think my wife is going to make claim on it .. guys if you are canadain they are not avalible here yet tho getting them is easy just cross the boarder ........ i dont know how i have hunted so long with out one turkey season is going to be easy this year no bugs