Varizone scope issue

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

warningshot

Varizone scope issue

Post by warningshot »

It's dead on 20, 30, 40 yards but shooting about 8 inches high at 50 yards, what to do? Speed ring or is it a problem with scope? I'm shooting a matrix 330 with boo string, carbon arrow 408 grain weight with 125 practice head, does speed ring affect light transmission thanks
fratri

Re: Varizone scope issue

Post by fratri »

warningshot wrote:It's dead on 20, 30, 40 yards but shooting about 8 inches high at 50 yards, what to do? Speed ring or is it a problem with scope? I'm shooting a matrix 330 with boo string, carbon arrow 408 grain weight with 125 practice head, does speed ring affect light transmission thanks
That does not make sense.... If your other ones line up, the 50 yds one is lower, so it must shoot lower than the 40 yd marker at the 50 yd distance....

Looking through the scope, at 50 yds, where is the 40 yd marker sitting on target? Where is the 50 yd marker sitting, unless the 50 yd marker fell to the bottom of the scope, it can't hit the target higher....

So all other yardage markers are on, and its only the 50 yd one is off and is shooting 8" high?

Curious to hear what is causing this...
"Everthing is easy when you know how"
"Food is not grown in stores"
Fratri
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

'A'.... that should solve it for you.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

'B' knows more! :shock:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

The 50 yard marker seems to be off on the nikon bolt with the 300 to 330 fps bows my 330 is dead on till 40 then it actually shoots high at 50 yards i know you have a varizone but im just bringing up a similar experience. I hang up a 40 yard marker at my stands and dont shoot past it. I wont personally shoot at a whitetail past 40 yards so i dont worry adout it.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

longbow joe wrote:The 50 yard marker seems to be off on the nikon bolt with the 300 to 330 fps bows my 330 is dead on till 40 then it actually shoots high at 50 yards i know you have a varizone but im just bringing up a similar experience. I hang up a 40 yard marker at my stands and dont shoot past it. I wont personally shoot at a whitetail past 40 yards so i dont worry adout it.
now here is deer hunter ....i use 20 yd line sighted in at 30 yards and just behind shoulder if i see Buck this year with max of 35 yards ....We just had rally today to change rules in pa..HB2083 ..Terrible what has been done to deer in wmu2g of pa...UNIFIED SPORTSMAN OF PA has web site to read on bill and send your comments to reps..
Quintehunter

Post by Quintehunter »

longbow joe wrote:The 50 yard marker seems to be off on the nikon bolt with the 300 to 330 fps bows my 330 is dead on till 40 then it actually shoots high at 50 yards i know you have a varizone but im just bringing up a similar experience. I hang up a 40 yard marker at my stands and dont shoot past it. I wont personally shoot at a whitetail past 40 yards so i dont worry adout it.
You need to use the Nikon Spot On calculator and see where your aim points fall at the speed you're shooting. Or shoot at different distances to see where each point is. That scope is set for 300 fps and isn't adjustable for differences,,,