Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Prédateur

Re: Hunting Knives

Post by Prédateur »

I like my Fallkniven F1 for hunting.

Post by newbie »

amythntr wrote:....personally, I don't make much about knives...have used and continue to use a folding Buck Knife in the field and have a cutlery set for butchering the deer at the "Romano's Butcher Shop"!...I now also have the Ken Onion Worksharp sharpener which Newbie and Paulaboutform are responsible for me buying! :?

Anthony :)
You are welcome Anthony :wink:
Species8472 wrote:May have to look at these Cutco knives (never heard of them before). Lately however I have been using a Benchmade Bushcrafter. Looks like this:

I have dressed 2 hogs, 2 sheep, 9 whitetail and 1 bear with this knife and used it to split 3 inch maple logs (baton style) to make kindling for a fire once. It is still on its factory edge and has not needed sharpening ever. It still shaves hair. I am happy with it - the only draw back is the price (+/- 180 USD).
Great knife, can't go wrong with a Benchmade and the Lifesharp program and warranty.
I almost bought one but it just didnt feel right in my mitts.
I particularly like their folders, the axis lock.... fantastic design!
paulaboutform wrote:Mike, I also have the Cutco fillet knife. It's solidly built, the blade is completely removable for cleaning, adjusts from 6" - 9" and has gutted and filetted and skinned many, MANY salmon without a sharpening. I'd venture to say you could think of the Cutco line as being like Havalon knives that don't need blade replacement. The beauty thing is that they come with a 'Forever Guarantee' so if the ever break they'll replace it and for $7.00 CAD (for shipping and handling) you can send up to ten knives in for sharpening. If the knives are beyond sharpening they replace them. The Canadian handlers are in Oakville, Ontario and all their knives are made in America. 8)

Paul
Paul.... is this you trying for payback for the Work Sharp, :?:
I will not buy anymore knives........
I will not buy anymore knives.........
I will not buy anymore knives.........
This year :mrgreen:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Anthony, you're welcome. You're gonna love it! And Mike, ......this year's almost over and it seems almost crazy to wait. They're barely two hours away from you! :mrgreen: ......and I do love that Work Sharp. :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.