Bow season brings 405 limb splinters

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rein1

Bow season brings 405 limb splinters

Post by rein1 »

Well my 405 limb decided to grow splinters this season again .. This will be the fourth time replacing limbs under Excalibur warranty .. Don't know what the issue is I always maintain the brace height and take care of my crossbow.. Lucky enough I can continue hunting until new limbs arrive..I sure appreciate the warranty and the fast customer service I always get.. But Im getting to good at replacing these limbs ,
foofoo

Re: Bow season brings 405 limb splinters

Post by foofoo »

talk about bad luck. did you get the new revised riser? ive had good luck so far with my Mega 405 with the new limbs and riser other than the finish not matching everything is holding up.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Sorry to hear of the limbs goin bad. Bright side is yer Excal is actually under the lifetime warranty n they will replace them :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
rein1

Post by rein1 »

foofoo wrote:talk about bad luck. did you get the new revised riser? ive had good luck so far with my Mega 405 with the new limbs and riser other than the finish not matching everything is holding up.
No I don't have the new riser, Dawn did say she's sending a whole new limb assembly so hopefully this includes a new riser.. I'll email Dawn to find out .. Thanks for info
SEW

Post by SEW »

M405 speed loss with the new configuration?
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

I think it is safe to say that the 405 was on the edge of the threshold. In most cases when on the threshold of any product a number of them let loose. The new 400BD riser took one step back and has rectified the situation as far as I can see. I have 30 plus hours of range time on my BD and left it cocked for 2 weeks straight with not one issue. Hope the new fix solves your issues.
woodmnctry

Post by woodmnctry »

Please explain what the "revised" riser is --- I have been shooting my 405 just the way it came several years ago and no issues. Don't plan on changing anything but was just curious.
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

If you look at your riser you will see it is swept forward where limbs mount. New 400BD you look at same and it has been swept backwards a few degrees in design.
rein1

Post by rein1 »

Talked to Dawn and it's confirmed that I'm getting the new revised riser for my 405..

I enjoy my 405 and like how it shoots ,, It's just a awesome and hard hitting crossbow.. I have taken a few deer and a couple of bears and I plan on sticking with the 405 ..
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

405 revised riser is different from a Bulldog 400.a revised 405 riser has some material removed on an angle where the limb leaves the riser by the recoil plates area. it also has the new recoil platen spacers that leave a gap between the recoil plate rubber spacer and the limbs. a Bulldog riser i believe is angled back slightly.
rein1

Post by rein1 »

I received my new limbs and riser today for my 405, The new limbs and riser seem to be working great..?Of course the warranty request was handled great by Dawn and Woodys ..
mberg193

Post by mberg193 »

Also have the 405 got for gift end of season last year.Trigger Question when squeezing it hits a law then you have to keep squeezing is this normal.
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

mberg193 wrote:Also have the 405 got for gift end of season last year.Trigger Question when squeezing it hits a law then you have to keep squeezing is this normal.
Get a trigger tech trigger, or talk to excalibur and have them send you a polished one. I had Woody's polish mine after filling out an RMA and had it back in less than a week.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
woodmnctry

Post by woodmnctry »

Was wondering if the revised angle on the riser was effecting the speed of the 405? --- seems that a change in the angle of mounting the limbs would lower the poundage??
janesy

Post by janesy »

I cannot confirm the matrix series. But I have chronied back to back with a modified vs non-modified micro riser and the modified unit consitantly shot 5 fps less. No matter what configuration or arrow weight. That was on both a 335 gen2 mainframe and a gen1 mainframe, using two gen1 risers. One being modified.

Obviously less stress equals to less energy. So speed is effected. But what's 5 feet if you have to return your limbs every year.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme