Thanks to a well known trouble maker

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

Re: Thanks to a well known trouble maker

Post by Carnivorous »

Normous wrote:I can't wait till the offseason to get mine in. Ready Bellerivercrossbowhunter? :mrgreen:
Yep Jan 01 I'm dismantling it. That all black 315 is calling my name... lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
SEC-ond 2 none

Post by SEC-ond 2 none »

Congratulations. They look really Great. So if i am reading this right,,,

" In non-technical terms, type III has higher wear resistance than type II because it is roughly twice as thick. Forget the word hardness or hard coating. Any thin coating is only as hard as the substrate that is being coated. So if you could anodize a sponge, it won't be hard. "

,,, I sure would like to see Excalibur offer a Titanium Riser and Main Frame in Type 111 Anodizing ( Special Custom Order ). Hope i am still alive If this ever happens. I would order one in a heart beat.

Stephen
Matrix 380
Boo

Post by Boo »

one shot scott wrote:They all look amazing Don. I like the black on the blackout. That's the way they should look imho. Where are you guys getting this done and whats a rough cost?
Neil, I don't remember the prices but I'm sure Paul knows the pricing.
http://www.sti-coatings.com/index.html#&panel1-1
Some people just like stepping on rakes
munch

Post by munch »

Don they look great , now to do the other 47 lol
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
roly

Post by roly »

I sent my rail with Dons, it turned out really nice. I had it done Level III Black.
Big thanks to Don and that "trouble maker" for helping me get this done.

Post by newbie »

paulaboutform wrote:Don, those look awesome! I'm sure glad they turned out great.......Mike, are you gonna let him get away with callin ya a trouble maker? !!! :mrgreen: :lol:

Paul
Paul he has called me much worse :shock: and im unsure as why.
Although i believe this time it was in reference to Anthony :wink:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

newbie wrote:
paulaboutform wrote:Don, those look awesome! I'm sure glad they turned out great.......Mike, are you gonna let him get away with callin ya a trouble maker? !!! :mrgreen: :lol:

Paul
Paul he has called me much worse :shock: and im unsure as why.
Although i believe this time it was in reference to Anthony :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....what ever happened to the nice chrome bumpers that used to reflect in the sunlight and could be used as a mirror? :?

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

roly wrote:Image

I sent my rail with Dons, it turned out really nice. I had it done Level III Black.
Big thanks to Don and that "trouble maker" for helping me get this done.
Very nice Rick. That really does look awesome! The best part is the complete elimination of serving wear from the rail. You're gonna love it. :D
.....Mike, I had to read that again. Sorry buddy, I think you're right. Don must've been referring to Anthony as the troublemaker! :mrgreen:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Boo

Post by Boo »

It is difficult to really get a handle on just how slick the surface is. Once I touched it, I had to have it! And for all you gutter boys, I meant the mainframe. :mrgreen:
I think the serving wear and the wear on the hooks is going to be insignificant from here on.
As far as personalizing a bow, it's hard to beat the combination of bling, bling and practicality. The price for polishing the mainframe and anodizing, including the riser was somewhere in the $120 area.
Paul, please confirm or correct.
I think we gotsid git Flightattendant's bow done in hot pank! :lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe chartreuse :mrgreen:
Normous

Post by Normous »

SEC-ond 2 none wrote:
,,, I sure would like to see Excalibur offer a Titanium Riser and Main Frame in Type 111 Anodizing ( Special Custom Order ). Hope i am still alive If this ever happens. I would order one in a heart beat.

Stephen
Why would you want a titanium riser?? A titanium riser will cost an arm and leg and secondly a titanium riser would be heavier than the factory aluminum riser.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Boo wrote:
one shot scott wrote:They all look amazing Don. I like the black on the blackout. That's the way they should look imho. Where are you guys getting this done and whats a rough cost?

ah ok, its that troublemaker. :lol: Now I know. There are a few of those running amok here.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Boo

Post by Boo »

one shot scott wrote:
Boo wrote:

ah ok, its that troublemaker. :lol: Now I know. There are a few of those running amok here.
Nope, while Mike is a troublemaker, Paul is the trouble maker this time.
Paul works really crazy hours, sometimes 20 hours a day, so I really appreciate his help on this, even though I didn't need anodizing until I saw his bow! :mrgreen:
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Boo wrote:It is difficult to really get a handle on just how slick the surface is. Once I touched it, I had to have it! And for all you gutter boys, I meant the mainframe. :mrgreen:
I think the serving wear and the wear on the hooks is going to be insignificant from here on.
As far as personalizing a bow, it's hard to beat the combination of bling, bling and practicality. The price for polishing the mainframe and anodizing, including the riser was somewhere in the $120 area.
I think we gotsid git Flightattendant's bow done in hot pank! :lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe chartreuse :mrgreen:
How does "MR. NICE GUY" get slammed here. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Y'all sure like SHINY stuff on your huntin' equipment! :mrgreen:
Those look REALLY cool.
Boo

Post by Boo »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Boo wrote:It is difficult to really get a handle on just how slick the surface is. Once I touched it, I had to have it! And for all you gutter boys, I meant the mainframe. :mrgreen:
How does "MR. NICE GUY" get slammed here. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Y'all sure like SHINY stuff on your huntin' equipment! :mrgreen:
Those look REALLY cool.
Yep, but we're styl'n! 8)