At least I heard a deer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

munch

At least I heard a deer

Post by munch »

Lots saying the deer population is doing well in our area but I don't believe it . Normally I send a min of a couple hundred hours in the bush every fall and the last couple I'm seeing very few deer . Some report seeing lots and I believe it's a pluy to convince the Mnr not to reduce tags . The rely on mandatory reports to set tag limits so if no one sees deer this year tags get reduced next year . Last night I sat for the 5th time and saw nothing I've seen no scrapes or rubs in the areas I hunt and few tracks . Last night as I was unhooking my bow as I climbed own I heard one close run off , sounded like a heaven deer and no whizzing so I'm guessing it was a buck . Another thing I don't agree with is these large groups of 12 to 20 guys circle a bush and everything gets shot we do need to leave some seed and like I said if the mnr are not getting the correct # the deer here is in trouble
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
sproulman

Re: At least I heard a deer

Post by sproulman »

Clinton county,pa wmu2g is terrible .if you see a DEER you are lucky.poaching of bucks at night for daughters at 6 years old is happening ..youngest was 4 years old last year getting big buck.i guess i am not good hunter after 53 years..

doe permits/dmap tags have ruined our hunting here in pa.if you see 6 deer a season count yourself very lucky ..last year for 2 weeks of gun i saw 5 deer on stateland and hunters from philly that had many doe already killed 7 doe for 7 days of doe hunting here in my area...

they already had freezer full of meat before coming here.

it is end of deer hunting here in nc pa for sure.....

Post by newbie »

Terry.... ive seen tons of deer this year. My camera is loaded with pics. More deer aeen in the last two years then the 10 before. Sat twice this year saw 5 different deer shot my lil 8 the second sit.

I think those groups pushed them all my way :wink:

I also agree with you on the group hunts. My uncles neighbours do it in the late hunt so I try my best to be done before they wac em and stack em. I hate to be in the woods with those weekend warriors are there.... if it moves it gets shot at. They don't respect property boundaries or property come and go as they see fit. Even sit my stands
:? I just do my thing and avoid the dec controlled at all costs... try to remove my ladders and move them few hundred yards.

If you need a place to come sit for a few let me know ill glady lend you a stand.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....we not only have to deal with late season "drives" ....but can you believe it people actually come from Maine to hunt in The People's Republic....are you kidding me? :shock: :evil:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

My hunting grounds are loaded with deer even though we have 3 week long M/L only controlled hunts and gangs of guys push bushes all day long. They wound more deer than they put on the ground due to taking running shots. I sometimes wish it would go archery only...
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.

Post by newbie »

I agree Jeff... neighbours shot two bucks in the late season that were wounded in the Nov hunt last year. Out of seven deer they shot thats a high percentage.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads

Post by newbie »

I agree Jeff... neighbours shot two bucks in the late season that were wounded in the Nov hunt last year. Out of seven deer they shot thats a high percentage.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
munch

Post by munch »

Agree with all you guys I know deer hunting had been a tradition in the north and it's about getting away with a group of freinds and family . In the area we hunt I'm 57 and saw my first deer at 17 years old so this group hinting has started here since I started hunting . Up north in the thick bush deer do have a chance to escape but here in the farm land we love in they just don't . I work for the local county roads department and we have not pick a dead deer up in 4 months on thè road . In the past it would be a couple times a week
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

I seen ten deer Friday night just north of your place a small 7 pointer was chasing two does with three fawns and a large buck was following two does just at dark he was about 100 yards behind them.none got with in bow range. Hope for a chance new weekend. Seems three big Tom's as well.
addicted to canadian beaver
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Things have been similarly slow for me lately. My trail cams say there are deer around, but nothing is coming around during daylight. Its the 3rd week of October and I haven't seen a horn on the hoof yet this season and season has been in eight weeks.

With the bear that have been screwing up all of my cameras, I've got my eye open for a bear until the rut picks up in a couple weeks.

Duckhunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
munch

Post by munch »

dutchhunter wrote:I seen ten deer Friday night just north of your place a small 7 pointer was chasing two does with three fawns and a large buck was following two does just at dark he was about 100 yards behind them.none got with in bow range. Hope for a chance new weekend. Seems three big Tom's as well.
Ed how far north of here . has been nothing at Ivan's and not a track in the saparagrass field . I talked to Albert miller and a few other Amish boys this weekend just north of me and on 59 all telling me they are seeing nothing. No idea what's up. Also talked to Adlie byler tellers me he and his brothers are hunting the 3rd and 4th up by the old landfill and seeing the odd track but no deer .
Last edited by munch on Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

I got in the bush Sunday for a little look and was surprised with what I seen! Nothing :shock: no tracks,rubs or scrapes! Was cutting some grass this morning and had 2does run out in front of me!I no the deer are around but maybe there staying in the corn
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
munch

Post by munch »

mr meat wrote:I got in the bush Sunday for a little look and was surprised with what I seen! Nothing :shock: no tracks,rubs or scrapes! Was cutting some grass this morning and had 2does run out in front of me!I no the deer are around but maybe there staying in the corn
Wes you need to pm your address I've had kathys boofest mount ready for a week and needs make room on the self . If she does not hurry up I'll be charging her storage fees
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook

Post by newbie »

Wes when fields around my bush are corn i don't see them until its down.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

munch wrote:
mr meat wrote:I got in the bush Sunday for a little look and was surprised with what I seen! Nothing :shock: no tracks,rubs or scrapes! Was cutting some grass this morning and had 2does run out in front of me!I no the deer are around but maybe there staying in the corn
Wes you need to pm your address I've had kathys boofest mount ready for a week and needs make room on the self . If she does not hurry up I'll be charging her storage fees
Will pm you the address! She told me I can't go to your place and pick it up!! She thinks you held me hostage last time :lol: :lol:
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen