Tripod Deer stand

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ThunderXB

Tripod Deer stand

Post by ThunderXB »

Anyone using a tripod deer stand that they like??

I'm thinking about getting one and would like it to be at least 15" high.
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
RexKay

Re: Tripod Deer stand

Post by RexKay »

We put in 4 this yr. 3 are Ameristep. Got then on sale,but they are a little tight for crossbow. But another fella bought a much larger Muddy tripod with leg extensions.I been using that one :mrgreen: ... Most seat posts have a 4 bolt base bracket witch actually hold 2 halves of the base platform. Therefore the seat is STUCK in the dead center,witch really confines you.. Off season I'm gonna cut some plate steel at work, use same bolt pattern and remove swivel chair. I'd rather sit on a swivel bucket and be able to move my butt around for more stealth,and better shot form. I did harvest a large 5pt out of the larger tripod on Oct 2nd.. I have a 1 man big dog on my property,witch is also too small, but the 2 man would be ideal.
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
flightattendant100

Re: Tripod Deer stand

Post by flightattendant100 »

RexKay wrote:We put in 4 this yr. 3 are Ameristep. Got then on sale,but they are a little tight for crossbow. But another fella bought a much larger Muddy tripod with leg extensions.I been using that one :mrgreen: ... Most seat posts have a 4 bolt base bracket witch actually hold 2 halves of the base platform. Therefore the seat is STUCK in the dead center,witch really confines you.. Off season I'm gonna cut some plate steel at work, use same bolt pattern and remove swivel chair. I'd rather sit on a swivel bucket and be able to move my butt around for more stealth,and better shot form. I did harvest a large 5pt out of the larger tripod on Oct 2nd.. I have a 1 man big dog on my property,witch is also too small, but the 2 man would be ideal.
Years ago I cut some 1/4" alum plate. mounted it w/ a swivel about 4" offset, mounted seat w/ another swivel. Now seat will swivel and pivot out of dead center as well. Works good. :D