WASP drones

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

janesy

WASP drones

Post by janesy »

I read a lot that the wasp Drones BH actually shoots to the same POI as a lot of people's field points. But I don't see much of that on this forum. My innerloc BHs shoot the same group as my field points, but not thesame POI as the points. So once if sighted in with a BH I can't really keep shooting in the basement.
So I'm wondering if anyone is shooting either 100 or 125 grain drones and seeing the same as field point accuracy that they advertise.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
carperdoug

Re: WASP drones

Post by carperdoug »

I have tested the 100 grain Wasp Drone extensively this past year. I shoot a Matrix 355, 18" BEE, 110 grain insert, 2" blazers and luminoc. The drone matches my field points exactly; poi and grouping. 1 inch or better at 40 yards. I have never had a fixed blade perform like this.

I have not taken a deer with the Drone as I decided to try the Wasp Jak-X mechanical; larger cut. My first experience with a mechanical. Have taken three deer so far this season with the Jak-X. A very positive experience. The head has performed as advertised. Three deer with the same head, simply changed the blades. None went further than about 75 yards. No bent or broken blades. The SST tip is as sharp as from the package and spins true.

I am surprised Wasp is not mentioned more in this forum as the product is a quality product. In business for 45 years, 100% USA made in Plymouth, Connecticut.

Definitely give them a try.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

For me the Wasp Drone's are the best flying head I have tried. Yes, they fly just like my field points. I am shooting Blazer vanes with plenty of twist so that propbably helps. I've taken a couple deer with them this season out of my Micro 335. My only complaint is the small cut though its the same as many other fixed heads. The last doe I shot didn't leave much of a blood trail at all (like none) and the arrow exited low about four inches behind the opposite shoulder. There should have been plenty of blood based on the exit location. While I still have a drone in my quiver, I'm going back to 2" mechanical heads to get bigger and shorter blood trails.

Both deer I've taken with the drone travelled 80-100 yards.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
janesy

Post by janesy »

That's what i want to hear guys, thanks very much
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

Likewise I find the Drones to shoot very close to my field points.Also they are very consistant. The 3 Zombies I have with Drones group extremely close at least at the 30 yds I practice at.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
L.C.B.H

Post by L.C.B.H »

Wasp bullets are my favorite fixed broadhead ever,Wasp is an outstanding company.Heard nothing but great things about the drone.
Libtards make me sick, and I don't take orders from a forum rat who needs to go to a safe place. Get used to Conservative Right wing hard working Canadians telling you liberals to F off!!!!! :wave:
roly

Post by roly »

I have tried a lot of diff bh but I always seem to come back to wasp bh.
Although I shoot the jac-hammers I'm going to try the drones next, to use in my ground blind with shoot threw windows.

Wasp makes great broad heads in my opinion and have never understood why they don't get more attention.