Exomax and ff string report..

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BigBear

Exomax and ff string report..

Post by BigBear »

Hi..just wanted to say that i've had the max for about 6 months...i've taken about 100 + shots out of it, and there's no sign of string/serving wear at all 8) ...last night i cocked the bow, and left it loaded (with no bolt) for about 8 hours...and the serving looks the same as before...no signs of wear...just thought i'd let you know....good luck shooting/hunting to all.....seeya...
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
gad

Re: Exomax and ff string report..

Post by gad »

BigBear wrote:Hi..just wanted to say that i've had the max for about 6 months...i've taken about 100 + shots out of it, and there's no sign of string/serving wear at all 8) ...last night i cocked the bow, and left it loaded (with no bolt) for about 8 hours...and the serving looks the same as before...no signs of wear...just thought i'd let you know....good luck shooting/hunting to all.....seeya...
How do you unload the bow after these 8 hours? Did you shoot it? If you shoot it to unload, the limbs delivers the same force after 8 hours of stress?

Only excalibur crossbows can do that...

I have a max too... :lol: :lol:
BigBear

Post by BigBear »

gad wrote:
BigBear wrote:Hi..just wanted to say that i've had the max for about 6 months...i've taken about 100 + shots out of it, and there's no sign of string/serving wear at all 8) ...last night i cocked the bow, and left it loaded (with no bolt) for about 8 hours...and the serving looks the same as before...no signs of wear...just thought i'd let you know....good luck shooting/hunting to all.....seeya...
How do you unload the bow after these 8 hours? Did you shoot it? If you shoot it to unload, the limbs delivers the same force after 8 hours of stress?

Only excalibur crossbows can do that...

I have a max too... :lol: :lol:
...you can shoot it, but i unload mine by hand...i find it harder to load, than unload by hand...BB
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
BigBear

Post by BigBear »

Also, forgot to mention that i keep the brace height on the max at about 1 1/4"..and shoot bolts that weight 400grs +...i think that this also helps...
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Thanks for the feed back on your Max BigBear, thats what I figured on shooting around 400-425gr bolt. Unload by handImage shucks I can't even string mine by hand :roll: Have not shot a bolt yet :cry: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
kev

Post by kev »

I've had my Max about 4 months. I only have 1 set of brace height marks so maybe it's early production. No problems what so ever. I have somewhere around 800 shots on it I guess. I built a lighted 40yd. range a few years ago so I can shoot at night after work and do so quite a bit.

I have'nt kept track of string life but mine seems about the same as my Emag to me. I'm shooting heavy bolts 20" 2219's 4" vanes with 100 gr. blunts for the bag target. Shoot the groundhogs with the same 2219's and cheap Cabelas 100 gr. mini lazers. It pretty much goes through a groundhog like a piece of paper at 15-25 yards.

I've had Horton, Barnett, Parker, and a Max Point and still have 1 Horton, the Max Point and the Parker. String life is far better on the Emax compared to any compound bow I've ever owned and I can change'm myself. As far as that fancy teflon strip on the Parker it does'nt seem to help serving life but the Parker is an accurate bow. The Barnetts seem to have the shortest string/cable life and are the least accurate. Just had a string put on the Horton $27.00 for string and install, tax. The Horton had to go back for cracked limb pockets under warranty. A Parker string cost me $19.00 online+shipping+$5.00 installation.

I'm gonna sell the Horton ( Blackhawk) and Parker Safari Magnum shortly and add another Exocet or Vixen. One string covers all the Excaliburs costs 1/2 the price of a wheel bow string and I'll put'm on myself thanks. I won't need a set of cables, axels, cam, cable slider, ect.,ect.,.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I'm very particular with the maintenance of strings, and I've had strings last me two years or more. However, I found that the serving on those bought at shops don't last as long as they should. Getting tired with seeing them fray and separate, I decided that "he is served best, he who serves himself". Sorry for the pun, :lol: As such I took it upon myself to learn the art. Now my serving last twice as long, and only needs half the maintenance.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
kev

Post by kev »

thats really a good idea CompyBear. I've seen a few videos for sale on string making in a traditional bow catalogs I have. They also carry the tools and supplys. I have around 8-9 strings that need servings. I'll send them to BJ when I get a few more to make it worth the shipping.
Maybe I'll study up on doing servings in the future as I believe the strings will probably last a few re serves if their maintained well.