RamCat Broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sloppy Does

RamCat Broadheads

Post by Sloppy Does »

Do they really shoot the same as field points? I will be shooting them out of a micro 355 16 inch Zombies offset blazers 92 grain brass insert. Also any feed back on these heads would be appreciated.
Axe 340
308 SHORT
ZEISS XB 75
xcaliber

Re: RamCat Broadheads

Post by xcaliber »

I bought some from Belleriver / Jeff, and found them to be spot on out of my Matrix 330, I unfortunately have not hunted this fall, so i cannot comment on the blood trails. I have watched several videos on Youtube and they seem to perform very well. One word of advice, the set screws holding the blades are left hand threads, and just make sure the blades are all the way down, and tight.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

This has been my experience with Ramcats. I've killed 5 out of 6 deer the last 2.5 seasons with Ramcats.. One of the 6 I shot with a Magnus Black Hornet... The Hornet did the job fine but I like the Ramcats the best out of all of them...

Ok, I build my own shafts from start to finish.. I first of all buy my Zombie shafts from Jerry at SSA so they come in spine indexed already and that is all I want done for me... I then square both ends of my arrows with the G5 tool after cutting to the length I want.. After that I clean the inside of my arrows with acetone and let dry.. Epoxy my inserts in and then square them with the same G5 tool.. Insert my Lumenoks, then fletch them up with 2" Blazers on the Bolt jig and let dry.

Once all is dry I then screw on my Ramcats and align my blades with the fletching.... ( Some guys will say this step is not necessary, and that is fine for you, but for me I need to do it this way to eliminate a variable if they don't shoot true ) Once the Ramcats are mounted, I spin test each and every head for any miss alignment and if there is any, I'll bounce that head around to different shafts until I find the one it seats the best.. Once that is done I test fire each of them to insure that they are hitting to the same POI as my field points and probably if I get one that is off, we are talking human error off not a wild out of nowhere miss on the target at 50 yards....

The holes these heads make drain a deer really quick.. I've not had one go over 60 yards so far.... The heads are strong and the blades are nasty sharp.. They are my favorite head... Check out the side of the entrance hole on this doe I shot from the ground a few weeks ago.. The hole is massive and she dropped in under thirty yards....

and if want to see the shot, check out the video from my action cam mounted to my scope.... Fastforward to 40 seconds...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXKOyIKPFQE
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
rein1

Post by rein1 »

GrassyKnoll wrote:This has been my experience with Ramcats. I've killed 5 out of 6 deer the last 2.5 seasons with Ramcats.. One of the 6 I shot with a Magnus Black Hornet... The Hornet did the job fine but I like the Ramcats the best out of all of them...

Ok, I build my own shafts from start to finish.. I first of all buy my Zombie shafts from Jerry at SSA so they come in spine indexed already and that is all I want done for me... I then square both ends of my arrows with the G5 tool after cutting to the length I want.. After that I clean the inside of my arrows with acetone and let dry.. Epoxy my inserts in and then square them with the same G5 tool.. Insert my Lumenoks, then fletch them up with 2" Blazers on the Bolt jig and let dry.

Once all is dry I then screw on my Ramcats and align my blades with the fletching.... ( Some guys will say this step is not necessary, and that is fine for you, but for me I need to do it this way to eliminate a variable if they don't shoot true ) Once the Ramcats are mounted, I spin test each and every head for any miss alignment and if there is any, I'll bounce that head around to different shafts until I find the one it seats the best.. Once that is done I test fire each of them to insure that they are hitting to the same POI as my field points and probably if I get one that is off, we are talking human error off not a wild out of nowhere miss on the target at 50 yards....

The holes these heads make drain a deer really quick.. I've not had one go over 60 yards so far.... The heads are strong and the blades are nasty sharp.. They are my favorite head... Check out the side of the entrance hole on this doe I shot from the ground a few weeks ago.. The hole is massive and she dropped in under thirty yards....

and if want to see the shot, check out the video from my action cam mounted to my scope.... Fastforward to 40 seconds...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXKOyIKPFQE
Are you serious with the pic of your deer ??? A deer that small any broad head home would look big ..Did YOU wipe off the white spots before the pic ?? Lol
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

deleted...
Last edited by GrassyKnoll on Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sloppy Does

Post by Sloppy Does »

That's great info guys I really appreciate it. I assume they will clear the stock stirrup on my micro. Is that correct.
Axe 340
308 SHORT
ZEISS XB 75
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

As long as the stirrup is not wrapped,it should clear....
Sloppy Does

Post by Sloppy Does »

Mine is wrapped with a strip of bicycle innertube maybe an 1/8 thick.
Axe 340
308 SHORT
ZEISS XB 75
rein1

Post by rein1 »

GrassyKnoll wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty damn serious about the pic. If you don't like it don't look at it..It's that simple, but to make a snarky comment is unnecessary. If the size of my deer offends you well that's your problem and don't look at it.... I shoot what I want and don't subscribe to your minimum/maxim standards..
Did you get a shoulder mount done ???

Yea I get it your a sportsman right ???
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

deleted..
Last edited by GrassyKnoll on Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Sloppy Does wrote:Mine is wrapped with a strip of bicycle innertube maybe an 1/8 thick.
You might want to cut a notch in the wrap where the bottom blade will pass. It will make contact for sure.. I cut a "V" in my wrap where the blade passes.
Boo

Post by Boo »

GrassyKnoll wrote:
Sloppy Does wrote:Mine is wrapped with a strip of bicycle innertube maybe an 1/8 thick.
You might want to cut a notch in the wrap where the bottom blade will pass. It will make contact for sure.. I cut a "V" in my wrap where the blade passes.
I've done the same thing to accommodate Striker Magnums, however, I've found tht, if you're careful, you can fIle the base of the stirrup to angle it down to accommodate larger broadheads.
Just an idea that worked for me.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

I assume the Ramcat broadheads are the "diamond backs" everything else looks like a mechanical...
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
Boo

Post by Boo »

Patcon wrote:I assume the Ramcat broadheads are the "diamond backs" everything else looks like a mechanical...
All Ramcats are not mechanical. The originals are shot with the blades fully back and they are accurate. In my experience, they shoot the same POI as my field points, but so do my G5 Striker Magnums.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

So are the ram cats shot fully open?
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String