Hitting Thumb

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

munch

Re: Hitting Thumb

Post by munch »

I can tell you with an exomag you can miss the deer at 8 yards . And yes it does hurt . Deer I missed jumped then stood there until the blood dripping on the dry leaves below my stsnd scared him away
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

And suddenly I envision someones thumb tip flying towards the deer and hitting it in one of its eyes which causes the deer to run and crash into a tree and break its neck.

All the while the arrow itself misses, the bow gets dropped and the shooter does the OUCHY dance in celebration and pain!

Man I have to get back into the woods again soon :shock:
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

xcaliber wrote:I don't recommend trying to perform a study on this. :lol:

lol... :lol:
ThackMan

Post by ThackMan »

All these tales of pain... :shock: :shock:
BD400 w/ TT, HHA, Leupold 2-7x 33mm, 8ptbuk String, Munch Mount "Y", Kwikee-3SS, Dr Stirrup Kit
Grizzly, 8ptbuk String
18" SSST 112 gr Insert, SK300, Ignitor
18" BEZS 110 gr insert, Blazers, Lumenok
VPA 3 blade vented 100 gr
Minnow

Post by Minnow »

Can the person testing also put the different strings to test, I'd like to know if a Flemish twist will take off more that an endless loop :lol:
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Minnow wrote:Can the person testing also put the different strings to test, I'd like to know if a Flemish twist will take off more that an endless loop :lol:
Factory string on 380 took member of our camps thumb off and sent it flying into Kettle creek stream...
new xbow hunter

Post by new xbow hunter »

Ouch
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

sproulman wrote:
Minnow wrote:Can the person testing also put the different strings to test, I'd like to know if a Flemish twist will take off more that an endless loop :lol:
Factory string on 380 took member of our camps thumb off and sent it flying into Kettle creek stream...

....I guess he got a "thumbs" up on everyone else fishing the stream! :shock: :mrgreen:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
cropduster

Post by cropduster »

Man you are a cold bunch !
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

There have been some that have lost the tip of the thumb at the joint.

Imo it is still probably better than the Mercedes symbol on the boot that you get when you forget to remove the arrow before letting it down.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
Boo

Post by Boo »

Horizontal Hunter wrote:There have been some that have lost the tip of the thumb at the joint.

Imo it is still probably better than the Mercedes symbol on the boot that you get when you forget to remove the arrow beforeu letting it down.

Bob
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
janesy

Post by janesy »

Horizontal Hunter wrote:There have been some that have lost the tip of the thumb at the joint.

Imo it is still probably better than the Mercedes symbol on the boot that you get when you forget to remove the arrow before letting it down.

Bob
Oh ya, buddy of mine did that with an equinox, bolt cutter went in between his big toe and whatever you call the toe beside it . Tiniest little cut on his toe, that's all.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

I started off small. Only extracted a thumb nail. Before the arrow hit the target the brain said," you screwed up".
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

paulaboutform wrote:Hmmmm, you pose an interesting question.(EDIT: oops, I thought it was OneShotScott)...Species, was it you who performed a study on this subject a couple years ago? What do you think, did the increase of dermal matter on the string create significant enough resistance to increase frictional coefficients that it resulted in a decreased trajectory algorithm....changing P.O.I.. :mrgreen:

Paul

Being the world's foremost expert on the topic I can lay the subject to rest. First a few refreshers:

The initial damage:

Getting there:

All repaired:

Now as to the effect on POI - From my thumbs on experience the collision with my digit caused a 6 inch drop from normal POI at 25 yards. Based on the depth of penetration on the 18-1 it would still result in a fatal hit to a deer if one compensated for the extra drop.

Actually I was about a mile from the truck in the bush when this happened and it caused a clean miss on the deer I was shooting at. New idea on how much the POI changed - but it was significant.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Sir, I respectfully defer to your expertise on this matter....and thanks for the refresher, I actually have your pics on my phone to explain to newbies what can happen in the triangle of pain. :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.