Officially in the Air Brake Shoulder Bolt Club

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cumberlandxbow

Officially in the Air Brake Shoulder Bolt Club

Post by cumberlandxbow »

I had to take the air brakes off my micro 335 tonight. As i stare at the pile of stripped shoulder bolts, i ask myself if reinstallation will be worth it. Before I start another install on my new limb set, i want to make sure i can easily and quickly get new shoulder bolts. Have any of you just bought cap screws or another style to replace the factory shoulder bolts? Trying to find a replacement that i can get at lowes...

May end up putting these on Trading post...if anyone has a burning desire for air brakes minus shoulder bolts, pm me.
rein1

Re: Officially in the Air Brake Shoulder Bolt Club

Post by rein1 »

Contact Dawn at Excalibur she will have new bolts sent out..I know it's a pain ever time you replace your limbs the shoulder bolts are shot ,, There is a thread about aftermarket bolt kit for Excalibur crossbows I think there made from titanium ...

Here's the link http://www.ti64.com/excalibur-crossbow- ... 110895.htm
Czy_Horse

Post by Czy_Horse »

I recently misplaced :oops: a rail to riser bolt and beveled washer when I was switching stirrups in and out. Contacted Excal about buying a couple of each. They shipped them out no charge :D .

Czy_Horse
SEW

Post by SEW »

The heads of those bolts are very shallow. This is a known problem. Even the Air Brakes instructions reference this problem. Seems like an easy fix: for Excalibur to change the bolt's head design. The other bolts on the Excaliburs don't have this problem. Why leave these this way?