Crossbow for kids?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mighty Mooser

Crossbow for kids?

Post by Mighty Mooser »

My four year old son is a knock off the old block. He want's to do everything daddy does. scout deer climb treestands, shoot with me. It anoys the hell out of my wife, but it is quite cute as well. Does anyone know where to get a crossbow for a four year old boy, my mag is too much for him!!!!! :) They have starter compound bows for kids, but he want's one like daddy. Any suggestions? I don't need much poundage, and he would only use under my supervision!!!!!
When you whack them you better stack them!!!
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

BigBear

Re: Crossbow for kids?

Post by BigBear »

I would say the point blanc....all you would have to do is, have the front of the rail cut down, and capped off....this would make a great bow for a young child wanting to learn :wink: ...BB
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
BigBear

Re: Crossbow for kids?

Post by BigBear »

You might want to contact bj...he just might have something hangin around :) ....i hope you find something for the young one :)
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
Ontario Bow Hunter

Post by Ontario Bow Hunter »

M. Mooser,... your son is a luck boy to have you for a father.
Mighty Mooser

Post by Mighty Mooser »

He thought it was the gretest last year, when I picked him up at 10:00 in the morning from the baby sitters, to go eat breakfast with the hunting gang. I gave him an Orange hat and he felt like one of the guys. We then went to get pictures of the deer 8 guys 8 deer and this little boy holding daddys deer. My wife thinks I am pushing him too much, but he never gets bored, and always wants to do more. We are closer than most, as we share the same Birthday, and I exempted my wife from buying me a gift that year... :D I need something very lightweight, that he can hold steady?
When you whack them you better stack them!!!
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Man,

As long as he has got that inetrest - FEED IT..

Sounds like you have a lifetime hunting partner growing up there..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
BUCKSHOT

Let me Know

Post by BUCKSHOT »

Way to go with the little Buddy!
I have one of my own and he is very much the same!
I started my guy out with a conventional bow for kids, the compounds for kids are good after a certain age, but they really need to develope the proper stregth before going that way! It seems the little bow I bought for my guy keeps him interested, although he would love to have a crossbow, I told him he had to learn the basic rules and understand the safety of a regular bow before he could get a real bow :wink: (crossbow)
I think he is nearing the point of respect with his bow to move up to a crossbow but he is still only five and, although he is big for his age I don't know if he can handle a crossbow yet!
If you come up with a nice light, appropriately sized bow for a little guy, would you plese let me know! I'm not above being a "copy cat"
Happy Shopping!
Enjoy the Harvest!