Puting a face to a name

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Post by Guest »

Sliver wrote:No problem wombat,, I'll just remove it and there will be no size problem.. I don't really need to get into a pissin match about avatar size or what type of pictures people use :roll:
I'm sorry I offended you Sliver. I was just quoting what it said on the Profile page. I wasn't realy having a go at you. Only the first paragraph was intended for you and it was intended to save you getting a rap across the knuckles from "The Dude".

Cheers,
Wombat.
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Hey Guys/Gals,

Glad you're having fun with the new Avatar feature. I just switched the feature on this week when I discovered it and I'm not sure why we never used it before? Guess I should have told somebody :roll: !

I have no problem with what you post as an Avatar, just use your own judgement and keep it taseful. The photo of the user thing is a great idea but you are free to use what ever you want. I'll PM ya if I think you are over the edge with your Avatar.

Have a great weekend all!

Peter
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

What photo of the user thing :?: :?
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
cdngunner

Post by cdngunner »

WoooHooo

Look at me :D

<-------------
cdngunner

Post by cdngunner »

gametrail wrote:well i tried :!: but as you see it didn't work again. :oops:
Make sure you are posting the URL version of the pic and not the IMG

larderlake

did this work????

Post by larderlake »

Picture Yes!!! No!!!!
larderlake

Post by larderlake »

No guess it didn't
GaryL

Re: did this work????

Post by GaryL »

larderlake wrote:Picture Yes!!! No!!!!
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Pic

Post by Pic »

Can't figure it out

Post by Guest »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:Hey Guys/Gals,

Glad you're having fun with the new Avatar feature. I just switched the feature on this week when I discovered it and I'm not sure why we never used it before? Guess I should have told somebody :roll: !

I have no problem with what you post as an Avatar, just use your own judgement and keep it taseful. The photo of the user thing is a great idea but you are free to use what ever you want. I'll PM ya if I think you are over the edge with your Avatar.

Have a great weekend all!

Peter
Thanks Peter. Actually I wasn't the one who discovered it. I was scanning the forum when I noticed that someone had a picture under their username in the left column. I didn't take much notice until I logged off for the night. The following day I went investigating and things went from there.

Cheers,
Wombat.

Post by Guest »

Pic wrote:Can't figure it out
Pic,

The only way you can set up an Avatar is to register as a member first. After you become a member, you can click on the Profile button and go from there.

Cheers,
Wombat.

Post by Guest »

Woody Williams wrote:Hi Gary...

Yep, that is you all right.

Good buck..

Hope you get him..
Hi Woody! Glad to be back here for another deer season.
Like someone said, the buck in the pic is in the process of getting his winter coat. The grey spots you see are the places where the summer coat has already slipped, revealing the winter coat underneath. I read once that the summer coat of a deer has 10 times as many hairs per square inch as the winter coat. I found that hard to believe at first, but the winter hairs are hollow and filled with air for insulation, whereas the summer hairs are not.
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

Anonymous wrote:
Woody Williams wrote:Hi Gary...

Yep, that is you all right.

Good buck..

Hope you get him..
Hi Woody! Glad to be back here for another deer season.
Like someone said, the buck in the pic is in the process of getting his winter coat. The grey spots you see are the places where the summer coat has already slipped, revealing the winter coat underneath. I read once that the summer coat of a deer has 10 times as many hairs per square inch as the winter coat. I found that hard to believe at first, but the winter hairs are hollow and filled with air for insulation, whereas the summer hairs are not.
Rats! Forgot to login. "It's meeee!" GaryM
Dan_DE

Post by Dan_DE »

Deleted
Last edited by Dan_DE on Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
gametrail

Post by gametrail »

OK!! :D Thanks to Gary i got this to work! :!: :shock: