Puting a face to a name

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Puting a face to a name

Post by Guest »

G'day members,

I think it was RichardS who came up with the idea of posting a picture of yourself so others could see what you looked like. I have discovered another way of doing the same thing in every message and in every thread. It is called Avatar. And to my knowledge, all members can set one up.

Once you are logged in click on the profile button at the top of the page and then when the profile page opens, scroll down to the bottom of the page. You will find the section where you can add your own Avatar. There are limits however:

Maximum image size: 100 pixels x 100 pixels

Maximum file size: 13kB

I have set up my own Avatar for you to see. Look to the left of the screen Just below my user ID.

Let me know what you think about the idea.

Cheers,
Wombat.

Post by Guest »

Sounds like a neat idea. However, remember that pics you post here from yourself, your children, family, and friends are seen by the whole world. This includes weirdos, sexual predators, rapists, religious extremists, etc.

Be carefull what you show here or anywhere else on the net.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for your concern Guest but if you check other threads with pictures of other members you will find that they are happy to post them.

If I didn't want my "mug" on this forum, I wouldn't have posted it. Besides, I have Photobucket set up as "private" and only release the pictures I want to release.

Cheers,
Wombat.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I think it's a good idea, we just have to be careful that our mugs don't scare people off. :lol:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Man!! just when I think I mastered posting pictures for the first time, along comes another gig. I can't keep up with you techno wizards.

Wombat, that's a very good idea. I may follow your lend.

Grey Owl
Newbi

Post by Newbi »

Good idea! I have often wondered what some of you look like. Kinda like trying to put a face to a radio personality. Course it can be disappointing at times :shock:
QUANDO OMNI FLUNKUS MORITATI (When all else fails, Play dead)
Genesis 27:3
TAC

Post by TAC »

I've got my bug jacket on. In the winter I'll switch it to my winter face shot. ;)

Todd

Post by Guest »

ComfyBear wrote:I think it's a good idea, we just have to be careful that our mugs don't scare people off. :lol:
There is nothing wrong with your "mug". :wink: The picture on my licence looks better than the one here, but I didn't have a beard on that.

I will update the photo later in the year afer I shave.

Cheers,
Wombat.

Post by Guest »

GREY OWL wrote:Wombat, that's a very good idea. I may follow your lend.

Grey Owl
That would be a good idea. :wink: Based only on your name, I thought you were between 65 and 75 years old. :oops: Here is how I figured that:

GREY: Grey or greying hair -- a sign of getting up in years.

OWL: The wise one -- wisdom -- possibly gained over many years of practical experience.

How wrong I was :!: :oops: In the thread "Who are you", you said that you were 45 years old. Heck! Thats only 2 years older than I am. I'm 43 and will be 44 before years end.

We live a learn. :wink:

Cheers,
Wombat.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Ok, here's my mug :twisted:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
A.W

Post by A.W »

Here's another pic for the dartboard :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Just had my DARTS sharpened A.W. Thanks :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!

Post by Guest »

Scary bunch of guys! :shock: :lol: I think it was better when we imagined what you blokes looked like. :wink:

Sounds like the guest knows what he's talking about to some extent. My own mug may be ok, but you will never see any of my family members(wife and kids) on any site. To do so is plain naive.
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

I like the idea,, But it is true,, you just never know where your Photo may end up? :wink: But if some wierdo wants to use my photo for something,, they need to find a better way to spend their time & get a life :roll:

Speaking about photos for your dart board,,, here ya go :lol:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
gametrail

Post by gametrail »

I cann't get it to work what is uln or what ever?