Limbs light in color

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

Re: Limbs light in color

Post by Carnivorous »

I'm hoping for an all black suppressor. That would push me over the purchasing edge.. :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

one shot scott wrote:You should try camo dipping your stock and then a year later try it again and try to get the limbs to match up using a different process altogether. See how good you make out. I hear complaints on the forum yet no one has said what Excalibur had told them. At least give them the opportunity to explain or make right. Seems fair, but I'm weird.

In the same breath: perhaps Excalibur can do a better job of explaining to the customer that the limbs they get back may differ slightly.

Peter told me SPROUL we will make it right for you..I am getting a lot of attention at club as Paul said I am now big hit with my excal .... :lol:

Hey there is that older fart [63] with light limbs on his micro that is reason he did not get buck this year but his bow is really Cool... :roll:
SEW

Post by SEW »

Hey there is that older fart [63] with light limbs on his micro that is reason he did not get buck this year but his bow is really Cool... :roll:

You need to get back a little farther from the deer. Then they'll have a harder time detecting the contrasting colors.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

SEW wrote:Hey there is that older fart [63] with light limbs on his micro that is reason he did not get buck this year but his bow is really Cool... :roll:

You need to get back a little farther from the deer. Then they'll have a harder time detecting the contrasting colors.
lol..Can you believe pa now allows semi-auto rifles for deer/bear season...I saw what can happen back in 1962 with crew driving and deer running ,it was awful shots firing into trees,trucks,camps and wounded deer all over fawns and mothers wounded.Then call for tags from other hunters in crew..

I am so mad over this they now call me anti 2nd amendment..I can see it for coyote/fox hunting but not big game..Even beagle rabbit hunters are against it they said a rabbit running and semi-auto rifle throwing bullets not shotgun bb is unsafe..

terrible what is happening ..
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Jim,
Browning has been producuing semi auto "Big Game" rifles chambered up to and including 300 Win Mag for more than 30 years....Winchester produced a Semi Auto model 100 for many years chambered in 308 and 284 "Win" , as well as all of the Remington Semi-Autos in 243 thru 30-06 Which have been used by " RESPONSIBLE " hunters for just as long.... 8)

In all honesty, it's not the type of firearm that determines it to be unsafe for Big Game hunting, it's the person pulling the trigger, :wink: just as it applies to those of us choosing to hunt with a crossbow.

If the idiots in Penn. make it that dangerous to be in the woods and I was you, I would have moved to a safer state years ago. :wink:

As far as the matching finish thing goes ? Here's a suggestion, even though I'm not a fan of " Black Outs ". There is a nice wrinkle finish "Flat Black" available which could make it all look alike ...... The only thing necessary would be masking off the top of the rail to insure it's factory finish and smoothness remains after the spray job.

A positive to the Black paint job is that many report it will be much "faster" as a result 8) .. and for the modest cost of a can of paint. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

L. E. Carroll wrote:Jim,
Browning has been producuing semi auto "Big Game" rifles chambered up to and including 300 Win Mag for more than 30 years....Winchester produced a Semi Auto model 100 for many years chambered in 308 and 284 "Win" , as well as all of the Remington Semi-Autos in 243 thru 30-06 Which have been used by " RESPONSIBLE " hunters for just as long.... 8)

In all honesty, it's not the type of firearm that determines it to be unsafe for Big Game hunting, it's the person pulling the trigger, :wink: just as it applies to those of us choosing to hunt with a crossbow.

If the idiots in Penn. make it that dangerous to be in the woods and I was you, I would have moved to a safer state years ago. :wink:

As far as the matching finish thing goes ? Here's a suggestion, even though I'm not a fan of " Black Outs ". There is a nice wrinkle finish "Flat Black" available which could make it all look alike ...... The only thing necessary would be masking off the top of the rail to insure it's factory finish and smoothness remains after the spray job.

A positive to the Black paint job is that many report it will be much "faster" as a result 8) .. and for the modest cost of a can of paint. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gene
Hmmmm, I wonder what my Equinox would look like in,
Wrinkle flat black. :?: :?: Has anybody tried it . :?:

Dave :idea:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

L. E. Carroll wrote:Jim,

Gene

Gene, hunters today that would carry a semi-auto rifle for deer are not doing it to say they are pro gun.They are doing it so they can fire 5 shots into a deer or deer ..As of now they get 1 shot at deer running ..This will let them open fire on deer..also what happened to teaching of making clean shot 1 shot on deer..that is going out window...

We know this is going to do in deer here 2 deer shoot your 5 shots at them.they may even allow more shots from ar crowd ..

I SEEN IT IN 1962 and we have more hunters today that are not good sportsman ..they want meat gene only meat..they will shoot trust me on that and you will see wounded deer.they all carry radios and call for tags...

its over gene i am disgusted..

Same pillar of our town that shot my friend for pheasant last year said,JIM I CANNOT WAIT TO BUY A SEMI -AUTO I NEED THAT 2ND OR 3RD SHOT ON RUNNING DOE AND HEY I GOT EXTRA TAGS TO FILL ALSO...

These are heads of companies,go to church,belong to sportsmans club...

they are mad at me because i see them road hunting shooting out window,catching deer in their traps by neck, shooting 2 doe and calling for tags ,shooting kids deer at 4 years old ...

Disgusting the people i see in woods and they cannot wait to get semi-auto to open fire on multiple doe THEY tell me they are going to do it...
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Man post a pic I can"t stand it any longer