Second Hand Bow Sales

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Onetimeonly x-->

Second Hand Bow Sales

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Seeing a lot more talk and posts about modified risers. I'm a new owner of one, didn't know it but I am. Should that be disclosed in the sale or trade? Not sure yet if a modified riser is a +/-? I think it should be mentioned or asked now in the sale or trade. That's my thinking, what do you think?
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
Minnow

Re: Second Hand Bow Sales

Post by Minnow »

If u bought one with the old riser then had problems then u would probably end up with a new riser anyways. The new riser is supposed to take some strain off of ur limbs so I would be happy it's done
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

If everything else is left equal,.. then Less limb strain, would surely equal Less power... :? Wouldn't it?
Boo

Post by Boo »

The new risers are definately better.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
rein1

Post by rein1 »

Onetimeonly x--> wrote:Seeing a lot more talk and posts about modified risers. I'm a new owner of one, didn't know it but I am. Should that be disclosed in the sale or trade? Not sure yet if a modified riser is a +/-? I think it should be mentioned or asked now in the sale or trade. That's my thinking, what do you think?
The modified riser is a Excalibur revision that was done ,,I don't see any reason why Excalibur would need to notify anybody about the new riser. If anything it could be a selling point , Now if you had limb problems and Excalibur had you send back the old riser and replaced it with the modified riser of course Excalibur would tell you ..
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Let me clarify, a riser that has been reworked. Not a new or newer modified version of a riser. Thanks for the replies...
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Boo wrote:The new risers are definately better.

I have a backup gen 1 riser for my micro...p

I like the gen 2 riser much better as well. The gen 1 is getting dusty...lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I also have a Matrix 380 which I built using a modified 405 riser and a set of the new 2016 series Matrix blemished limbs... I think my bow may actually be in the neighborhood of 1-2 fps slower than the standard model that was offered in the past, but then perhaps that would have something to do with limb deflection #'s ( ? ).

However, I gladly give up the slight loss in speed in my personal bow for my feeling of complete reliability in it. This is partly due the the modifiactions Excal. is incorporating in their high stress bows to enhance limb reliability. So in my case, I would consider it a PLUS.

Going a bit farther though, I would not advertise a bow for sale without mentioning any modifications having been made to it... This allows the new buyer the "choice" between past models and those which may have somewhat improved as reliability goes, with the current up-grades and modifications Excal R&D has come up with. This applies even more IMO, when describing bows with higher draw weights, more limb stress, and a past reported history of limb issues.

You often see guys giving such disclosure when advertising a 2015 model Micro 335 at 270# draw weight ( gen 1 ) from the present 2016 models ( gen II ) with it's newly designed riser.

I personally feel this is the way to conduct business among members, as some may actually still prefer a bow with a previous design and perhaps a slight edge in performance that it may give the owner.

Honesty and full disclosure is IMO a priority. :wink:

Gene
Last edited by L. E. Carroll on Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

If the modifications were done by anyone other than the factory, I'd agree that disclosure is the honorable thing to do. If it was done by the factory, it's still a factory original product.

As a buyer I would want to know if the item was jiggered with by someone outside of the factory. It isn't a wild assumption that factory standards have been met if it's done at the factory.

Anywhere else, it's buyer beware, and the buyer should be checking that the work was done properly, and that the work didn't kill warranty coverage. In that case the buyer deserves a "heads up" to have the chance to do the checking--in case it was a butcher job. If it was done outside the factory, the buyer might be disentitled to warranty. If the work doesn't create an obvious change to the item, how else would a buyer think to check?
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

If'en mods were done then it should be told to the buyer/s.
I am a person who wants what i bought, say model is suppose to shoot 350 fps + or - a few fps usin a 350gr arrow. Thats acceptable to me, If'en i bought a Micro 335 1 Gen. then it better have the correct Riser n mainframe on it.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315