2016 Late Archery Season

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Re: 2016 Late Archery Season

Post by vixenmaster »

I enjoyed yer Hunts n story, i like to go wid ya on'em. Its fun to read n see the pic's, congrats
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Matt, you are the master! Well done my friend, another phenomenal hunt and write up. It's a good thing you thanked the powers that be (AKA - the wife) as you'll now get to do it again next year! :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
frisky

Post by frisky »

Congrats on a fine hunt! :D :D :D
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Normous wrote:Merry Christmas Matt and I wish you the best in health in 17.
And the Very Best of the Season to you & your Lady Norm!! :D
vixenmaster wrote:I enjoyed yer Hunts n story...
Coming from a Master such as yourself, that means a LOT Vixen!
Happy you Enjoyed & Many Thanks!
paulaboutform wrote:... It's a good thing you thanked the powers that be (AKA - the wife) as you'll now get to do it again next year!
More to that than you might hazard a guess Buddy! She was a little miffed that I spent several weeks Hunting over in Alberta, many weeks Hunting here prior to that, and then ran off to the mainland for another week to go Hunting yet again! Most years She is fine with that, but just having bought our house, and lots of outstanding matters to deal with, and being tight on funds... well... methinks you can see where She was coming from. In my case the priorities seemed clear (like wearing blinders :lol: ) and so I stuck to my guns... er... bow in this case. Damn good Thing I brought home a couple of her favorite eating deer! And yeah, due to that She already suggested I wander back over there again next season!! :D

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

IronNoggin wrote:
Normous wrote:Merry Christmas Matt and I wish you the best in health in 17.
And the Very Best of the Season to you & your Lady Norm!! :D
vixenmaster wrote:I enjoyed yer Hunts n story...
Coming from a Master such as yourself, that means a LOT Vixen!
Happy you Enjoyed & Many Thanks!
paulaboutform wrote:... It's a good thing you thanked the powers that be (AKA - the wife) as you'll now get to do it again next year!
More to that than you might hazard a guess Buddy! She was a little miffed that I spent several weeks Hunting over in Alberta, many weeks Hunting here prior to that, and then ran off to the mainland for another week to go Hunting yet again! Most years She is fine with that, but just having bought our house, and lots of outstanding matters to deal with, and being tight on funds... well... methinks you can see where She was coming from. In my case the priorities seemed clear (like wearing blinders :lol: ) and so I stuck to my guns... er... bow in this case. Damn good Thing I brought home a couple of her favorite eating deer! And yeah, due to that She already suggested I wander back over there again next season!! :D

Cheers,
Nog
Now that's a good Women! You are blessed!!!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Goose52

Post by Goose52 »

very enjoyable novel... thanks n congrats
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Great hunt story! I was right there with you whiteknuckling and then stalking! Congrats on a full freezer and more good hunting memories to sustain you through those days when you can't escape other obligations.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I love it Noggin,, congrats on a satisfying fix,, even if it is for just a little while!!

I have not been here much,, have had a couple trips south and just the last day of our 7 day gun season did I get to enjoy the snow! Now I have till Feb. the 5th this year, and with teens and cooler 5 to 7" of snow on the ground, I am ready to finish it with a smile! This year the Lynx should see plenty of action! But only time will tell. One thing is for sure,, I may not get a Buck this year, but I'll get the freezer filled, and regardless what I do this going to be the best final 6 weeks of hunting season I have had in several years,,

I am always jealous of the country you get to hunt,, Again great reads, and Congrats on the season!!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

That little buck certainly turned out to be Fine Vittles!! :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Very well done Nog, Thanks for a great story, and follow up !

Dave :)
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:Now that's a Good Women! You are blessed!!!
Roger That!! :D
For well over 30 years my Huntin' & Fishin' Buddies wonder just why She bothers to keep me around. Sometimes I do too, but I'm certainly Damn Happy She does! :wink:
wildcatter wrote:... regardless what I do this going to be the best final 6 weeks of hunting season I have had in several years...

I am always jealous of the country you get to hunt...
And I'm always Jealous of the amount of time, and the numbers some of you Lucky Bums get to hunt!! Even hunting two Provinces at times, I can't come close to some of that. Jealousy aside though, I am pretty happy with where we are, as I imagine most are...

Best of Luck over the next while!! Image
I am indeed looking forward to a tale or two from you!! :wink:

Figured this one wasn't quite a wrap without a final update. My Partner & I chatted a few times over the HoliDaze of course. He managed to fill out the remainder of his tags before the season ender, and is one Happy Hunter as a consequence! :D

Great News to wrap it up with...

Cheers,
Nog
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Just catching up on some forum reading ! .... You were a busy man and surely put your Excalibur tackle thru its paces !
Congrat's ... And , Thanks for sharing the stories and pictures ! Cool to see what things look like in your neck of the woods !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

again, your a blessed man Nog!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

Great article. Better than reading something from Field & Stream or some other outdoors magazine. Loved the pictures which brought it all together.

Don't know how I missed this a few weeks ago, anyway congrats and thanks for taking the time to post this.
Big John

Post by Big John »

Ah Good Buddy!!! :D
You done most excellent eh?!! :lol:
I'm extremely glad you made out great.
I know you put a lot of effort and time into these hunts and it shows. Congrats!
Remember if you ever want to talk just pm me.
Happy holidays again and good eats!!!!

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]