Has the new riser fixed the limb issues on the M405??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

foofoo

Re: Has the new riser fixed the limb issues on the M405??

Post by foofoo »

i think the term new riser has caused some confusion. its more of slight re-design makeover. the edges have riser a slight radius. the limb recoil straps now use a bolt through a spacer so you cant snug down on the limbs. theres is now a little gap space between the limb and the rubber under the recoil plates. i have mixed feelings as to this re-design doing anything.i think as long as you dont crank down on the old version or any of the models its better for less stress. my replacement riser doesnt match in color. the limbs dont match the rail or the riser. its the base coat that determines the shade of the camo. if the base is made in different batches i can see this being an issue but better quality control would have them looking all the same. camo patterns are licensed and i dont think the inventors would want different variations of there patterns but it happens.
Bodanny

Post by Bodanny »

Had a limb break on my 380 a month ago called Danny Miller and he told me to send riser also . Looks like they ground a slope off each side of riser hope this is problem . After reassembling it I made only 6 clicks to zero. Thanks to D. M. Again
380 matrix, micro nightmare335,Exocet 175, my aluminum arrows, muzzy broadheads and a starvation aim, Vixenmaster strings
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Bodanny wrote:Had a limb break on my 380 a month ago called Danny Miller and he told me to send riser also . Looks like they ground a slope off each side of riser hope this is problem . After reassembling it I made only 6 clicks to zero. Thanks to D. M. Again
Sorry to hear this. Did getstid a good buck at the club or on yer out of state hunt ?
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Pinpoint

Post by Pinpoint »

I don't believe I've heard of anyone with a modified riser having a limb issue. I sure hope they have it figured out!!
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings
Bodanny

Post by Bodanny »

No mike got a coyote with 335 nightmare though nota deer yet. Think I need to find a deer kill school or come hunt with you
380 matrix, micro nightmare335,Exocet 175, my aluminum arrows, muzzy broadheads and a starvation aim, Vixenmaster strings
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

So are we to forget the "Quad-Loc"...now it's a "Tri-Lock" I guess :roll: ...The big advertising campaign centered around the "Quad-Loc Riser is a mistake now??... Not sure I want my limb bolt holding all of the limb's back-lash.

Seems like the quad-loc was something they already learned and perfected during R&D...now it is just scrapped!??..as unnecessary? Even Taiwan ripped off Excalibur for there Quad-Loc system.

I have to admit that I am one of them that fears "change"....since my 380 looks nice and performs better! I don't want anybody changing it! If I send my bow back >RETURN my SAME bow back!..Not some mismatched, faded, altered mess!! My rised matches perfectly! If Excalibur needs to change it, fine...FIX MINE!!..but DON"T send me some other riser back :(

Yeah I had a limb crack...but I just figured "crap" happens...and it usually happens to me :lol:
Heavvyduty

Post by Heavvyduty »

I agree. The more I look at mine the more I dislike the change. Color is way off an it just looks off center to the rail. They even had to run a tap in the riser to get the bolts to work rite.
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Pinpoint wrote:I don't believe I've heard of anyone with a modified riser having a limb issue. I sure hope they have it figured out!!
I agree, with that said will there be a "new" redesign riser leaving the factory on the Matrix 380's? I would hope so, I know someone mentioned that having a retooled/modified riser may be a selling point? I'm going to have to say, I'm not quite sure that's the case? Example, two M380's for sale same price. One has the updated improved riser the other a retooled/modified riser, which one would you be interested in??
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
SEW

Post by SEW »

I love my original M380&405s as they came. Really prefer no changes. 4 & 3 years: no problems. I like the performance. What I really want is a Equinox 435!!!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I could be wrong but i think the Matrix older line of models is goin the way of the Dodo bird. Yer models will be the BDog n Suppressor line
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
SEW

Post by SEW »

vixenmaster wrote:I could be wrong but i think the Matrix older line of models is goin the way of the Dodo bird. Yer models will be the BDog n Suppressor line
Agree.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

the Micro limbs have a stiff feel whether its a short or long rail version and are a pain to cock extended sessions. the Matrix limbs are smoother. i cant see them doing away with the Matrix series. i could see maybe an all bullpup Matrix lineup in the future to reduce size and weight. a Matrix bully in 335 would be sweet.