A true light weight portable ladder stand

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

A true light weight portable ladder stand

Post by longbow joe »

I have a leverage speed ladder which is a really cool teloscoping ladder stand .cool as hell but the thing is really heavy to carry for a morning or nite sit.l just cant believe a company cant come up with a true light weight maby only 10 foot "portable " ladder stand. As said the leverage is a home run but its weight is intolerable. Where i live a strait climber tree is sometimes hard to find a ladder is the ticket.lt would be cool to see something like a single pole with footpegs on alternate as steps and a simple mesh alluminum platform.simple seat .under 25 pounds?
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Patcon

Re: A true light weight portable ladder stand

Post by Patcon »

Looks like they call them out at 38#'s and all aluminum. Gonna be pretty hard to make them any lighter than that. Only so much metal can be removed before bad things happen...
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

I made stands out of pvc pipe years ago to 10 ft high ..very light ..It was gray colored pipe..
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Thats what im talkin about sprouler exactly ....how about using tough plastics they make everything else outta it. Even fiberglass. !
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
shadowpdog

Post by shadowpdog »

Loc-on used to make a 10ft aluminum ladder stand. It was called the Titan. I think it weighed in at around 22lbs. I still have mine and really like it. Its a little bulky (comes it 4 sections) but manageable.
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

sproulman wrote:I made stands out of pvc pipe years ago to 10 ft high ..very light ..It was gray colored pipe..
That gray pipe you're talking about was probably," ELECTRICAL " conduit,,,,,
its a little tougher than p.v.c. and won't decay in the sunlight.

Dave :wink:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
Predator55

Post by Predator55 »

I found some of the old loc on Titan stands. 10 ft and weigh nothing. Not sure why they stopped making them but I would think someone would start making them again.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

papabear1 wrote:
sproulman wrote:I made stands out of pvc pipe years ago to 10 ft high ..very light ..It was gray colored pipe..
That gray pipe you're talking about was probably," ELECTRICAL " conduit,,,,,
its a little tougher than p.v.c. and won't decay in the sunlight.

Dave :wink:

Could be Dave..it was light gray and you can get T for steps .it came in 10 ft lengths .I made a support from tree to middle just like you get with ladder stands ..
nice thing is no one will steal it and its hard to destroy and moves easy..

I used a stadium seat at top from Wal-Mart for 16 bucks to sit on but you can build a seat out of parts but I use that seat for turkey season or when I walk in woods I strap it on tree to sit ..
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

What size pipe did you use?..... now your giving me ideas...... l hate when l get ideas
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Joe not sure on size it was big size pipe and strongest of pipes sold like said you do not want those white type of pipe.
I was building my house when contractor had pipe and I saw 10 ft piece that did not bend in middle it was gray color...he had T pieces I made steps out of and elbows I glued them in ..
I think he said you can get 12 ft lengths not sure this was 20 years ago.

my buddy built one at camp with white stuff I think it was 2 and 3/4 inside dia pipe ..

let me look around and see if I have pipe in basement being used to get you size /make of pipe..