lots of deer, no shot

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowrook

lots of deer, no shot

Post by xbowrook »

hunt buddy and i went out this morning, was a beautiful morning... was only in stand for about 20 minutes and hear walking behind me.. turned around expecting to see deer, rather see 2 guys walk in ( on their property) and walk to stand.. ended up seeing over 20 deer this morning, including a nice 8 point with only his right side on , his left side either dropped early or busted off in a fight or something... saw another big big 8 or 10 later too, nose to ground and following the doe's trails .. tried to call him in but no luck... worked with the camcorder, it sure adds a new element to the hunt... i can't for the life of me, get my files to transfer to my PC, but i will tinker with it and find a way... none the less, was a great morning out.. going to be busy the next few days, but after Monday watch out, going to be spending some major time in the woods trying to fill the last 3 tags.. oh, after our hunt, we ( me and my buddy) were walking to each other in the bush and noticed those 2 guys ( one bow only, one looked like a younger kid) were set up only about 75 yards from us.. his property so not much you can do, but sure is unethical to set up so close to someone who was in their stands first.. they talked to us on the way out, asking if we found our deer? me and my buddy looked a little confused.. guy said he had trail cam pics of us on his property tracking a deer... we advised him it sure as heck wasn't us.. told him i got my big 10 but we didn't go all over on his side of the bush.. told him the day we shot my buck ( november 15th) and he quickly changed his tone, he stated these pics were of 2 guys ( one with a beard and one with white hair) last week.. i sure do get sick and tired of all these back road drop off guys just hunting where they feel they have rights to or just want to hunt... oh well, no deer for us today but was nice to get out and see so many...
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
Pinpoint

Re: lots of deer, no shot

Post by Pinpoint »

Not much you can do about other hunters being around. At least you were still seeing deer! Good luck filling your remaining tags!!
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

My area I hunt you can set up and everything is great then you hear truck door shut in they come...They know you are in there.

Most I know that go on privateland after deer shot wear turkey masks because cameras are everywhere now ...
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

Pinpoint wrote:Not much you can do about other hunters being around. At least you were still seeing deer! Good luck filling your remaining tags!!
true, and it's not a major deal.. i just didn't like the whole walking in right at legal shoot time when deer seem to like to move... and setting up so close to us.. but, it happens.. we still saw lots of deer so that was nice..
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

xbowrook wrote:
Pinpoint wrote:Not much you can do about other hunters being around. At least you were still seeing deer! Good luck filling your remaining tags!!
true, and it's not a major deal.. i just didn't like the whole walking in right at legal shoot time when deer seem to like to move... and setting up so close to us.. but, it happens.. we still saw lots of deer so that was nice..
Some times it works in your favor and the deer get pushed to the guys already set up :D
The best things in life are not things!!
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

There is nothing unethical about a guy hunting legally on his own land. Nothing. That is not a place to go...
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

ehntr wrote:There is nothing unethical about a guy hunting legally on his own land. Nothing. That is not a place to go...

maybe not .. all i know is if I walked in past someone already set up, I would have more respect than to set up 70 yards from them.. maybe i have a different set of ethics than others, maybe not.. not saying he was doing anything wrong setting up on land he has permission for, just sucked he set up so close after knowing i was there, so close...