thats all she wrote Ontario

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

thats all she wrote Ontario

Post by Carnivorous »

Well it's well after sunset and our Southern Ontario deer season is over for 2016.

For me it was a great season filled with ups and downs. Overall it was a great season.

Looking forward to Oct 01 2017.. :)

Cheers
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: thats all she wrote Ontario

Post by Doe Master »

Yes it was a not too bad season . Any season when you can get out and enjoy the sights is good . The added bonus is the deer harvested . :)
Now we have coyote season then turkey . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Well we ate both are tags! Didn't get out much and didn't see that many and felt like crap this morning so spent the day on the couch :( First year in a long time that the freezer will be empty!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Fazan

Post by Fazan »

Doe Master wrote:Any season when you can get out and enjoy the sights is good . The added bonus is the deer harvested .)
Could not agree more. Time well spent.

Happy New year!
rein1

Post by rein1 »

One more day in Michigan ,,,
munch

Post by munch »

Found this year to be the worst I can remember in at least the last 10 I only saw a handful of deer all the times I sat out with the bow . Did end up with some deer meat in the shotgun hunt in November
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

I had one of my best seasons hunting in Ontario but I'm hoping for even better things in 2017. Happy new year
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I can say wasn`t my worst year or best year for deer sightings . Some probably remember the early 90`s that was dismal . Where you got excited if you saw a deer .
Dad was telling us during the 50`s and 60`s it was a very rare sight to see deer still here . People don`t want to say it but we feel the Depression almost wiped out the deer population in some areas of Southern Ontario . He had to go up to Wiarton area to hunt .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

We had a great year.with both bow and shotguns.took my nephew and h8s father-in-law out and thy both got deer.seen lots of turkeys as well .killed a few coyotes so far looking forwa4d to this new year.
addicted to canadian beaver
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Glad everyone had a good season and hope you all enjoy the next. Fer me it seems every season becomes more precious than the last, and the hopes I can enjoy one more will always be in my goals, good health to all and hope the next is yer best!

We have 5 more weeks and this is usually when I enjoy the season the most. I love the rut, but with a little luck hunting the snow is always my favorite!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

wildcatter wrote:Glad everyone had a good season and hope you all enjoy the next. Fer me it seems every season becomes more precious than the last, and the hopes I can enjoy one more will always be in my goals, good health to all and hope the next is yer best!
X2

The season ended in NY a few weeks ago. Got 2 with a crossbow, had opportunities for many more with a gun but passed, as I had what I needed already and was just hunting for what I wanted at that point; which was an 8 pointer or bigger. I had the same stout little button buck pass by me every time I was on my tree stand. I was especially happy to see that little guy pass by on the last day knowing that he made it and will be roaming around next fall.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Just did our deer surveys and I was out 24 times and seen 16 deer,6 turkeys and 11 yotes! Kathy was out 11 times! 5 deer,0 turkeys and 3 totes!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

I missed almost all of the season due to my bypass surgery in October but did manage to get out for two afternoons with my hunting buddy and sat in a ground blind......sadly, no deer to be seen.....hoping for better luck in 2017.
Doemaster, we're hunting out near your hometown. We should hit the Timmie's in Baden some day for a coffee.
Pinpoint

Post by Pinpoint »

Well I had a successful controlled hunt but no luck with the bow! Only 9 months till deer season!!
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Always sad to see the season end but then it's always exciting to wait for and plan out next season's hunting adventures.

I saw more sign than ever at the farm I hunt this year but only made it out about 4-5 times this year due to being on the midnight shift. Didn't get a deer but that's okay as there will always be next year. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads