Leupold LTO Pictures

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SEW

Re: Leupold LTO Pictures

Post by SEW »

I shot a doe at 32-33 yds yesterday evening. Griz Trick right thru the heart. Lots of blood right there and on the 50 yds to the deer. From the tree stand, the LTO displayed the warm blood vividly. That's right after the shot. Got down and was at the impact site within less than 5 minutes. 36 degrees F outside, 10 mph wind. The blood spots now we're no more visible on the LTO screen that other sun lit leaves. So, no warm blood tracking was possible. When I got within 30 yds of the deer, which I could easily see anyway, it was clearly visible on the LTO. Yes, the LTO would have helped. I think direct sunlight on trees, the ground really reduces its effectiveness. After sunset, and especially in the dark, it really comes into its own. However, any thoughts of following warm tracks or warm blood seem far fetched during the day time. Recent blood, at night maybe. Nothing beats a good boiler room hit with a good (or poor) broadhead. The Griz Trick (125g, 1 1/4" , 4 blade) made quite a hole.

bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

i just got one have not had a lot of time to play with it yet .seems like it will work best for a series of things going in and out of stands for one nice to know if you just kicked a deer out on your way to a stand .just the fact that you can possible find a deer at night is the real plus.bear season coming up soon cant wait to play with it on a hunt
SEW

Post by SEW »

The LTO really shines at getting into and out of the stand w/o getting busted. It works best at night.
Boo

Post by Boo »

I spoke to a Leopold rep at the ATA and they are going to add a rubber eye piece that will block light from leaking out between the eye piece and your face. That is a big plus for the LTO. Another thing about the LTO that makes it better than mine is that the refresh rate is faster.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

Boo wrote:I spoke to a Leopold rep at the ATA and they are going to add a rubber eye piece that will block light from leaking out between the eye piece and your face. That is a big plus for the LTO. Another thing about the LTO that makes it better than mine is that the refresh rate is faster.

many more positive posts to this thread makes me want one even more.

don did they happen to say how long before it will be available with this eye piece on them :?:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
Boo

Post by Boo »

Deaf jeff wrote:
Boo wrote:I spoke to a Leopold rep at the ATA and they are going to add a rubber eye piece that will block light from leaking out between the eye piece and your face. That is a big plus for the LTO. Another thing about the LTO that makes it better than mine is that the refresh rate is faster.

many more positive posts to this thread makes me want one even more.

don did they happen to say how long before it will be available with this eye piece on them :?:
Sorry, no timeline was given.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
GGC

Post by GGC »

Has anyone compared the Flir Scout TK to the LTO?
Any at the show?