Ticked Off!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ecoaster

Ticked Off!

Post by ecoaster »

I'm starting to think that I have no control over my own darn money :x! I'll keep it general and not name names.

Bought a piece of archery gear yesterday from a shop that I give a lot of business to. I wasen't too keen on the price because I thought it was a little steep. I'd been having trouble locating this item and decided what the heck, and bought it.

Did some research this morning and found the same item for alomost half the price. I took it back to the shop and asked for a refund. They told me they could give me a "STORE CREDIT". I was pissed :evil: :evil: :evil: . I told the individual I didn't want the credit because I gave them my cash with no conditions, so what gave them the right to place a condition on giving it back.

I didn't want to get into it with the cashier, so I'll be phoning the manager tomorow. This is not a big chain store, so I might get somewhere. I spent hundreds of dollars there over the past year and planned to continue giving them my business, up until today!

If the manager/owner wants to stick to his policy, this will be an "all sales final" deal, because he won't get another red cent out of me. He will lose years of business from me all for the sake of $20. I really hate the lack of customer service these days. This place was great, decent prices, knowledgable staff, and great selection.

Well we shall see what happens :wink: .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
RichardS

Post by RichardS »

Im probably the best or worst person when it comes to shopping around. That is because Im so damn cheap! :wink: This year I purchased a treestand for abouts $50 more than I should of paid on the owner of a stores word. I have dropped a few thousand there over a couple years so I trusted him. As soon as I saw it for cheaper I just quit shopping there.
-Richard-
Leo in Ga

Post by Leo in Ga »

[quote="RichardS"]Im probably the best or worst person when it comes to shopping around. That is because Im so damn cheap! :wink:

Well RichardS you may be close but I think I could give you a run for our money saved :wink:

Procrastination is my middle name :shock:

As to store with the "store credit" or "no cash refunds" policy, my local sporting goods store has that policy, and we went round and round on an Item once that went all of the way to the owner and he relented. 8)

On a couple of item since then, that they have "recommended" for a specific purpose, I have gotten a written note on the sales slip allowing me to get my money back if it is not as they stated.

I realise that this may not work for you and if not the only recourse is to not do business with them :(

Good luck

leo