Woody Williams

as a last resort....

Post by Woody Williams »

..What to do as a last resort...

Look familiar to anyone???

Been there , done that???
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

W.W. just lost another cup of coffee in my lap, shame on you!!
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
gametrail

Post by gametrail »

Shoot :!: I could do that and make it work :oops: :!: :!:The only thing is i tear them up to much :!: :lol: :lol:

Re: as a last resort....

Post by Guest »

Woody Williams wrote:..What to do as a last resort...

Look familiar to anyone???

Been there , done that???
Sure have! :oops: Different weapon, different beast.

Back when I lived on a farm, I mist a rabbit at 10 feet!! And that was with a scope.

Cheers,
Wombat.
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

Back in the early 70's, a good friend of mines little brother got him a permit and went bowhuting. Our deer herd was just geting going about then, and few poeple had even started hunting them...not like now, anyway. He had some sort of old self bow, and a total of 3 arrows. Up a tree in the evening down in the river bottoms, and a big buck came in. He took the first shot too far and missed. The deer was curious and came closer. He missed the second shot and the buck looked up and saw him and went wild, crashing into the tree he was in and tearing up the brush all around. The kid (high school freshman) took his final shot with the buck snorting at him right under the tree...and missed. The buck wanted a piece of him bad and wouldn't leave the area. The poor kid could do nothing but stay in his tree, probably looking somewhat like Woody's cartoon. :( My friend figured the lad had a deer or was lost as it was way after dark, so he went looking for him. His yelling the younger brothers name finally spooked the buck off as he got closer.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Good story Gary... I've heard of several folks that emptied their quiver at a deer and then had to just sit there while the deer walked off..

Not me, of course....
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]