I would like too see

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GaryL

I would like too see

Post by GaryL »

Excalibur start selling all the parts to there xbows....This is only a example but TenPoints sells all their crossbow parts separate.... This year they have a New Trigger assembly improved that is sold as Accessories, a new foot stirrup that works as a bow stand, sets at a 90deg angle shorting the cocking height, and then folds back against the rail out of the way.

A nock for 2219 bolts only at this time with a square center with a standard nock insert that fits in the cross bow nock so you can use other style flecthing tools that need a nock for indexing.

Plus all the parts of their crossbows are sold separate to the pubic so you may do your own changes or repairs if you should want too.

Just a Image :idea:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Leo in Ga

Post by Leo in Ga »

Gary, I wasn't aware that they do not sell parts :? ???

I know that they sell limbs and other items seperatly, of course none of mine have worn out so haven't had the need yet :wink:

:D

leo
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

With out getting something started off on the wrong track with my statement, Less just say some parts that were available are no longer for sale to the general public. I was told this by a couple local dealers in Ohio and may just be their way of making the custome buy something as a whole and not as a upgrade item.

I do stand to be corrected on this thread.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Richard

Post by Richard »

Very good idea, Gary!
If there a some new parts developed I would like to see them beeing available seperately!
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

GaryL wrote:With out getting something started off on the wrong track with my statement, Less just say some parts that were available are no longer for sale to the general public. I was told this by a couple local dealers in Ohio and may just be their way of making the custome buy something as a whole and not as a upgrade item.

I do stand to be corrected on this thread.

GaryL, I know what you mean, it's an interesting concept, however that would necessitate an increase in production of parts, and besides in some people's minds, "the whole is greater than the sum of their parts"...... if you know what I mean. :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Yep :!: I know what you mean... my concept is too enable a family of 3 for example that all three have a Excalibur xbow suited for their individual use at the time. As time passes and they start to out grow or can handle more in a crossbow, they could purchase a new rail of different length ie: Vixen at 14" and swap it out for say a Exocet of 15 - 15.5" and save a little on one's pocket book, but at the same time make money for Excalibur. Another example is the New Riser...On a Vixen that would give you more power at the same draw length instead of having to purchase a complete crossbow.

The New Riser on a Vixen or Exocet would let others get more xbow that they could handle.

For family's of low income this would work out great for them and still make money for Excalibur. A number of fire arms are set up this way, such as a Contender (SP) of which one can change from a 22 cartridge to another cal. It was just a IDEA that I think would work out.

However I am sure Excalibur knows what they are doing, the name of the game is MONEY....Thats how business works :!: :!: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

I agree with you GaryL. I'd like to buy a custom made stock from Mark, and buy the necessary components to mount them on it. Or I could take off the riser, limbs, etc. off my Exomag and put them on the custom stock. But then I have a nice factory stock just sitting there. In which case I would like to purchase new riser, limbs, rail, etc. and mount it on my old stock. Its a catch 22. In the end, I would end up with two Xbows, one for me and one for Little Owl, (My son). But since I have two sons, the other one being 9 years old, I'd have to buy yet a third Excalibur Xbow. In the end, I be buying just as many, if not more products from Bill T.

Another thought would be that if maybe Mark could work for Excalibur, and just custom order a Xbow of your choice. How's that for an idea?

Grey Owl
Newbi

Post by Newbi »

Gary,

You mentioned the plastic inserts that 10 Point makes. I got some of them and they are great for fletching, and do ok for nock ends. However, I did find that the plastic is a little soft, and if the arrow hits something solid or hard, the insert will peel and slide down inside the shaft. I was able to get one out and one stayed. So I just use them for fletching. They will work in 2219 and 2216 as well.
QUANDO OMNI FLUNKUS MORITATI (When all else fails, Play dead)
Genesis 27:3
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Yeh thats great, that is what the guys and gals need for their flecthing tools that need a nock for indexing.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

IMHO...

Bill T is in the business of selling crossbows and not parts. If you have a part break he will surely make it good - no doubt.

If one wants to customize and change things around then buying, selling and exchanging right on here on the forum would be the way to go about it. That has been done in the past without any problems.

Again... just IMHO..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Woody Williams wrote:IMHO...

Bill T is in the business of selling crossbows and not parts. If you have a part break he will surely make it good - no doubt.

If one wants to customize and change things around then buying, selling and exchanging right on here on the forum would be the way to go about it. That has been done in the past without any problems.

Again... just IMHO..
No Question W.W. it's not a question of Excalibur making good on there crossbows, no problem there at all. And I agree they are not in the business of making parts just too sell. As I stated I did not want to start anything here.....My thread started out as WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Woody Williams wrote:IMHO...

Again... just IMHO..
But Bill T does sell more than crossbows. There are plenty of accessories, not to mention shirts, hats, etc that are sold with the Excalibur name on it. I'm sure we all have many of these non-crossbow parts. I think that if new innovations were to be developed and they could be retro-fitted to my current crossbow that would be more than welcomed.
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

I agree with you GaryL and with Grey Owl. I too would like to see parts being sold. Just about every other weapons manufacturer does exactly that. For instance, if I have a Browning Auto loader with a long barrel for duck hunting, why not sell a short slug barrel separate for deer or a 25" barrel for grouse. The guy who wants a whole separate shotgun will still buy one. And the fellow who can't afford it will by the part to interchange.

The same holds true for crossbows. Think about how many existing owners would go and buy longer or shorter rails... or the new angled riser! I don't see everyone junking or buying another crossbow because the Exomax has arrived. But I bet quite a few of them would opt for different rails and new riser. Even the new stock with deepened forearm and nicer camo could be of interest to existing owners...

Even car dealers are starting to get in on the action of selling parts for customizing brand new cars. They see that they can make as much and sometimes more money on the accessories than on the actual car! I really think BillT should examine the possiblities of this market niche.
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
BUCKSHOT

I am In

Post by BUCKSHOT »

I would have to agree with being able to buy crossbow components!
I think it would be a great idea to have even more flexiblity with an Excalibur!
I would like to own more than one bow but I also like the thought of being able to tinker back and forth with the one I have, if you wanted to go from an E-mag to a Vixen lets say, it would take all of five minutes!
It would be easy to store a rail and I would think you should be able to get a rail at a fraction of the price!
Just my opinion, of coarse but I do think it would be a nice feature!
Enjoy the Harvest!
cdngunner...

Post by cdngunner... »

as has been said before Excalibur sells some components already!

To offer all would be no big deal,

Hmmm "Excal Custom Shop"

I'll run that department for you Bill!