2 Wished for Items

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SEW

2 Wished for Items

Post by SEW »

I wanted to see 2 items at the ATA show:

1) A truly user friendly, lighted dedicated Xbow scope. The XB75 reticle seems the most user friendly. The Vortex seemed to have the best glass. Range finding would be the icing on the cake.
To me, a scope with 350-450'/sec adjustment, lighted reticle, 20-80/100 yds range marks, excellent glass, range finding based on center xhair, and 30 or 34 mm would have a larger market than might be believed. There are a # of >$1,000 xbows being sold. A significant # of those purchasers, would spring for such a scope. Burris, are you reading?

2) An improved C-2 cocker. Easy improvement: a swing locking arm instead of that screw-in bolt.
one shot scott

Re: 2 Wished for Items

Post by one shot scott »

I'm with ya on #1. I thought this was the year.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

because its too small a market.most uses are for 0-40 yards. look how zeiss dropped theres. as far as lighted scopes you could get a Leupy VX firedot and deal with the over under maunually or with a adjustable base.even the lower the vx1 glass is more than id ever need crossbow hunting. maybe next year Excal could team up with an optics company and up with glass and internals in a model like the Tactzone. Hawke made scopes for the old Horton.
SEW

Post by SEW »

I think Hawke will make a strong attempt to capture the market before or by ATA 2018. There's another upper end player: I think it's Burris. Zeiss was warned that they had it all but had to have some form of illuminated reticle: recommendation was for a FireFly type reticle. I love the XB75 except near dark.
Boo

Post by Boo »

SEW wrote:I think Hawke will make a strong attempt to capture the market before or by ATA 2018. There's another upper end player: I think it's Burris. Zeiss was warned that they had it all but had to have some form of illuminated reticle: recommendation was for a FireFly type reticle. I love the XB75 except near dark.
Burris make excellent scopes. I have three 3X9 Fullfield IIs and none have failed. Glass is excellent quality.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

Burris has upped there game recently. they are trying to be more like Leupold warranty wise. they replaced an old set of binos for a friend. they are also the Steiner importer.
SEW

Post by SEW »

I've heard from 2 totally different sources, both knowledgeable in behind the scenes scopology, that each of these companies has something in the works. Of course, we should all expect that Hawke will have something new soon: it's overdue already.
If Burris introduces a Xbow specific, range finding scope with an illuminated reticle, they could likely capture the small, but likely growing, upper end market.
I watched a doe at 45 yards this evening until 50 minutes after official sunset. I then quit watching her. The doe was across a small field, slightly in the woods eating corn. Still easily visible and shootable through the Zeiss Duralyt 2-8 lighted atop the Optimizer/M405/20" ST, 92g insert+ 125g Gris Trick. Nothing like a good scope whether it on a Xbow, MLer or Rifle.
I'm taking a little break from the FOCs and using the 125g Gris Tricks on the 405 and 175g Xbow Tricks with the 380. They both shoot very well and have great terminal performance!
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

foofoo wrote:Burris has upped there game recently. they are trying to be more like Leupold warranty wise. they replaced an old set of binos for a friend. they are also the Steiner importer.
Burris has always had lifetime warranty, and as good as made
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Limbs and Sticks wrote:
foofoo wrote:Burris has upped there game recently. they are trying to be more like Leupold warranty wise. they replaced an old set of binos for a friend. they are also the Steiner importer.
Burris has always had lifetime warranty, and as good as any made
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers