Updated Matrix 380 Riser

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Wolverine

Re: Updated Matrix 380 Riser

Post by Wolverine »

Best customer service hands down, unfortunately I've had to use them way too often.

Post by newbie »

Boo wrote:I'm going to stick my neck out here.
I don't work for Excalibur and I certainly don't speak on their behalf. Also, I don't know for sure what is going to happen going forward with what is being shown. But I find it hard to believe you're going to be left in the lurch. I'm betting that all this was done in the interest of getting everyone back into the field quickly and I'm also betting that things will be done to make things right. I think this because that's the kind of company that I've grown to know. I don't think that the sky is falling.
Again, this is a guess and I might be wrong but I don't think I am.
I agree. they have been known to make people happy. I haven't heard of many people that got stuck holding the ball or unhappy with what they have.
They definitely have gone through some growing pains since the release of the matrix series forward. Working out the kinks making changes to carry on with these amazing little bows.
I walked away from the ATA looking forward to see what comes next from them. They continue to refine the whole lineup.
Heck im even thinking of selling my custom 335 :shock: to buy one of their new bows that i dont need. I was just impressed with what i saw and heard at the show.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Our first goal is to get people back in the field so they can continue their hunt. Unfortunately, sometimes we need to rush things through to make it happen quickly and the result is not always cosmetically pleasing. This can occur with limbs too when we can't perfectly match the camo.

We decided to re-machine risers for some models to help with durability. They were touched up and normally you can't see the machining but this one you can. We have a better method to cover the machining so if you have a problem with the way your riser looks we would gladly replace it. We totally understand that our crossbows are not cheap and our customers expect to have their crossbow to look as perfect as possible. However, for most they bought the crossbow to hunt with and if we can get them back in the field a day or two quicker we will do what it takes.

Peter
cropduster

Post by cropduster »

I did not buy a cross bow to take to the dance to show off :lol: It a tool for killing for me :D and does a great job at that. 9 shots this year with mega 405 8 hogs and 1 nine point buck Life is good :D :D
Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

Cropduster, you must have accidentally posted in the wrong thread, this thread is about Updated Matrix 380 Risers and if anyone else had bare aluminum showing on their risers! Unless of course you intentionally posted here looking for a reaction. Your post was less than helpful and hardly on topic.
The explanation about getting guys back out in the field is appreciated, however you may want to let those guys know in advance, so they understand why they are receiving retooled risers.
Hard to beat Excalibur customer service, I'll give them that!
Normous

Post by Normous »

What cropduster is saying is that he doesn't give a flying crap about the little chicken poop cosmetic marks that his crossbow may have because his Excalibur is only a serious hunting tool foremost, and not a garage queen for looking and display only.

His post is valid, if I had small tool marks hidden behind my limbs I really couldn't care less as long as my arrows hit home and collected meat.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

You're right Normous, both you and cropduster answered the question I originally started this thread out with, my bad, please accept my apology!
Fazan

Post by Fazan »

In my opinion Wolverine has a valid point.
When you buy a car, you do that primarily for transportation purposes and than you take it for warranty service, comes out scratched, you would certainly expect explanation, even before you ask.
Now, even you bought it for transportation would you drive it around scratched?
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Normous wrote:What cropduster is saying is that he doesn't give a flying crap about the little chicken poop cosmetic marks that his crossbow may have because his Excalibur is only a serious hunting tool foremost, and not a garage queen for looking and display only.

His post is valid, if I had small tool marks hidden behind my limbs I really couldn't care less as long as my arrows hit home and collected meat.
Norm, that photo is of my bow, I agree with you that it is a tool to collect meat. If I was told or knew that in return I was going to receive a "retooled" riser that looked like that, I would have said HELL no!! I'll keep the original riser. Sorry we agree to disagree...
Scott
Last edited by Onetimeonly x--> on Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Guess I'll have to ask again...

WHAT, if anything, was "wrong" with the original Matrix 380 risers??

Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

what I think it was a bad batch off limbs Risers were fine. So make an easer riser to deal with a bad limb that mite show up at some point. No way to tell were the messed up limbs are. :idea:
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

paulaboutform wrote:
Onetimeonly x--> wrote:Image

This is exactly how I received my return riser. I understand Wolverine's concerns...
HOLY COW! This is a picture you should send to Peter ASAP. They would never allow something like that to leave the factory and if it did they'll be horrified. :shock:

Foofoo, brand loyalty guys!??? Are you kidding foofoo? Sweeping what under the rug? It simply appears to me that you look for any opportunity to attack the brand who's site you're on and not contribute to or add anything positive to the thread.

Gene, I'm not sure I understood your post my friend. The only difference in the matrix series bows is the length of the mainframe. The 330, 355, 380, and 405 are all the same everything except for the rail length and different camo patterns or color. The riser you got is a matrix riser.

Paul
Paul
Paul i do help many here.i for instance was the first one to bring up the 405 mod and explained it fully to all on this forum.i still run the modded riser with the mis- matched camo to my 405.some people dont want blemished parts and i dont blame them. do you think because this is Excaliburs forum we cant discuss what changes are made? just ridiculous. :roll:
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

IronNoggin wrote:Guess I'll have to ask again...

WHAT, if anything, was "wrong" with the original Matrix 380 risers??

Nog
Nog, I've got the same riser as you and as accurate as the bow is I won't be changing it any time soon! There's nothing wrong with the risers. For those having limb issues Excalibur is 'remachining the risers to change the radius where the limbs come off. That's it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

paulaboutform wrote:... If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :wink:
Many Thanks Buddy! :D
Wasn't overly worried about it as this bow has been no less than perfect since the day it landed here. And even were it to have a "supposed issue", I sincerely doubt I would fiddle with it given it's awesome performance to date!

Thanks for clearing that up for me... Appreciated.

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Nog,
I talked with Peter today and asked him if the same slight radius on the outer edge of the limb pocket they did on the left over 405 risers ( which is what I have on the 380 I put together ) was the same mod. they did, or were doing, to the 380 risers which may come back following repeated limb issues? He said yes that's it. :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier