Updated Matrix 380 Riser

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Wolverine

Updated Matrix 380 Riser

Post by Wolverine »

Has anyone swapped out their original riser from their Matrix 380 with a new, updated, CNC machined riser from Excalibur? If so, do you have bare metal showing on your new riser, particularly on the part of the riser, where the top bolt that holds the limbs screws in? I've tried to describe it the best I can, couldn't upload pictures.
Onetimeonly x-->

Re: Updated Matrix 380 Riser

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Not by choice but yes, impressed are you?? Camo cloth tape on the skinned up bare metal cures all, as far as the cosmetics goes...
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

Actually, I'm about as far from impressed as I can possibly be! I cannot believe a company would send a product out looking like that, not to mention the nicks and gouges in the NEW riser. I want my old riser back, it looked a heck of a lot better than this NEW one, I'd just keep replacing limbs like I've done 3 times now. If they put a bow out in a retail shop looking like that, I'm not sure anyone would buy it because it looks a shoddy used bow. What is going on with Excalibur, I've heard people talking about their quality going down and now I've experienced it first hand?
Onetimeonly x-->

Wolverine wrote:Actually, I'm about as far from impressed as I can possibly be! I cannot believe a company would send a product out looking like that, not to mention the nicks and gouges in the NEW riser. I want my old riser back, it looked a heck of a lot better than this NEW one, I'd just keep replacing limbs like I've done 3 times now. If they put a bow out in a retail shop looking like that, I'm not sure anyone would buy it because it looks a shoddy used bow. What is going on with Excalibur, I've heard people talking about their quality going down and now I've experienced it first hand?
Reluctantly my fellow Michigander I have to agree with your statement. I do understand this is Excals house. Although in my eyes if and when I choose to part with this bow? The riser alteration must and or should be disclosed! I don't think the value has increased, reliability yes! Yes, I have been in contact with Excal and you should to...
Wabi Custom Calls
Godspeed!!
Scott
Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

I wish I could figure out the Excalibur website subpar picture posting process, I would love to post what my bow looks like for everyone to see. If anyone would like to see it though, make sure you send me an email and I will more than gladly send you pictures of what Excalibur claims to be their new updated CNC riser!
UNBELIEVABLE!

Post by newbie »

its actually pretty easy to post pictures. you need to use a photo hosting site and copy past the image link.
Do a search here on posting pictures....you will find the answer you seek.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Some people just like stepping on rakes
Onetimeonly x-->

This is exactly how I received my return riser. I understand Wolverine's concerns...
Wabi Custom Calls
Godspeed!!
Scott
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Onetimeonly x--> wrote:... The riser alteration must and or should be disclosed! ...
First I've heard of replacing the Matrix 380 riser? Why? Were these bows having limb issues or something?

Having run well over 3,000 shots through mine without a single hiccup, I am wondering just what I might be missing here??

Stumped...
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

When I built my Matrix 380 last, fall I used all correct M380 components with the exception of the riser, for that I was able to acquire one of the camo 405 risers which had the slight radius modification by Excal, to the very outer edge of the limb pocket.

Being a 405 riser, it seems to be very similar to one pictured and shows no unslightly alluminum showing through the camo in the area on the bottom where the limb exits the limb pocket at all..

My bow continues to have, and will keep, that " swept forward" 405 camo riser, ( which I think is the same as on the 350 series Limited addition bows ? ) as well as the newly designed limb strap hardware, and a set of new in house Matrix limbs.

I'm totally satisified with both its appearance and performance..even though there is a slight difference in the camo pattern on the riser from that on the remainder of the bow.

I'm not sure what modification is being made to actual 380 risers ? Can someone enlighten me a bit to where on the riser or limb pockets and to what extent it was modified ?
Is the a common "Fix" now on 380's that have or may in the future have a limb issue?

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

didnt know they did the 405 mega mod on the 380-s also. maybe because of the high poundage. wonder if all the Matrix front ends are now made that way. probably too costly to shave off the radius and re-dip the whole riser so the shiny metal is covered. i for one would like to see things more open as far as to product re-design. i think its great if Excalibur does minor tweaks to prolong life but they should notify buyers if its a revision that occurs within a year or so from model introduction.some things just come across like its purposely under the radar. my Axiom SMF rail went under re-design too but they never told anyone.i even called about it and got the run around. bottom line is if a company re- designs a major component you can bet theres good reason behind it. :wink:the other issue here is the loyalty mob kicks in and wants to sweep it under the cover rather than to have a discussion about it. :mrgreen:
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Onetimeonly x--> wrote:Image

This is exactly how I received my return riser. I understand Wolverine's concerns...
HOLY COW! This is a picture you should send to Peter ASAP. They would never allow something like that to leave the factory and if it did they'll be horrified. :shock:

Foofoo, brand loyalty guys!??? Are you kidding foofoo? Sweeping what under the rug? It simply appears to me that you look for any opportunity to attack the brand who's site you're on and not contribute to or add anything positive to the thread.

Gene, I'm not sure I understood your post my friend. The only difference in the matrix series bows is the length of the mainframe. The 330, 355, 380, and 405 are all the same everything except for the rail length and different camo patterns or color. The riser you got is a matrix riser.

Paul
Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Paul

The point I was trying to get across was that my modified 405 riser looked nothing like the " hatchett job " that was displayed in that picture,... no aluminum showing thru below at the edge of the limb pocket nor deep gouge and machine marks . Rather that risers could be modified slightly, and still look good and function well upon completion of said modification.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

I was on my 3rd set of limbs when Excalibur requested I send in the entire riser and limb assembly. I wish I could figure out this picture thing, I guarantee your mind would be blown if you saw what I was sent back, 3 different times!!!!
Boo

Post by Boo »

I'm going to stick my neck out here.
I don't work for Excalibur and I certainly don't speak on their behalf. Also, I don't know for sure what is going to happen going forward with what is being shown. But I find it hard to believe you're going to be left in the lurch. I'm betting that all this was done in the interest of getting everyone back into the field quickly and I'm also betting that things will be done to make things right. I think this because that's the kind of company that I've grown to know. I don't think that the sky is falling.
Again, this is a guess and I might be wrong but I don't think I am.
Some people just like stepping on rakes