Titanium!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mreyner

Titanium!!!

Post by mreyner »

I am excited :lol: found a complete titanium :D bolt/screw kit for my to be new Excalibur Micro. Wont have to worry about rust now! And as a byproduct the tonnage saved in weight. :roll: They are available through Ti64
Last edited by mreyner on Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wsisk

Re: Titanium!!!

Post by wsisk »

Is this a kit :?: How much and where :?:
MIcro 335 GEN 2
Widow Maker/ Undertaker
Nchunterkw Strings
Vixenmaster Slave Stringer
Cabelas Laser Stricker 11 Broadheads
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

I went the website..but it doesn't list weight. Does anyone know how much weight that you actually can drop by changing to the Titanium screw kit??

Post by newbie »

Norm and Derrick will know numbers. Im sure one of them will chime in.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

MTBighorn wrote:I went the website..but it doesn't list weight. Does anyone know how much weight that you actually can drop by changing to the Titanium screw kit??

On average, the fasteners are about 2/3 the weight of steel. To me this is the icing on the cake and not the cake. I like how they won't rust, and won't strip. On it's own the weight savings are negligible but in a strategy of reducing weight across your platform it's a good start. The weight of the OEM kit alone isn't huge, but hang that much weight from a stick out in front of your hands and it becomes more noticeable. The kit reduces forward weight, which on the scale isn't going to show big numbers but in the hands you'll feel the difference.

I just packed up a front end fastener kit for a forum friend in steel and I have the equal kit in Ti - wish I would've weighed them before I packed it for shipping! :oops: I'm pretty sure I posted about this topic before with pictures but I cant find it in my Photobucket.

Of note - all the fastener kits on the site are for Gen 1 Micros and Matrix bows. If you're like me and you don't buy the hype about the redesigned risers and the new hardware you can still make full use of the kits sold at Ti64.com Just to be clear, I don't work for them, but I helped design the fastener kits a few years ago because I saw a need for them. I wish one day Excalibur would make them standard like Scorpyd does.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
taz3

Post by taz3 »

I've been searching for titanium replacement bolts for awhile now and the best I e come up with would be a special order, so this is great news.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting

Post by newbie »

Derrick put a ton of effort back and forth with Ti64 to get the kits put together.
Thanks again Derrick :wink:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
racking up points

taz3 wrote:I've been searching for titanium replacement bolts for awhile now and the best I e come up with would be a special order, so this is great news.
Wish I'd have known, I just sent your package and I have some Ti for the front end of a Matrix...
newbie wrote:Derrick put a ton of effort back and forth with Ti64 to get the kits put together.
With Normous' help and Doctor Miller in OH, we came up with some nice fasteners specific to our bows if I do say so myself :mrgreen: Thanks, Mike
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
taz3

Post by taz3 »

lol, never fails. I almost threw in the towel on trying to locate bolts. We use them in some of our racing applications, but I haven't had any luck finding exactly what I wanted "on the shelf" so to speak.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
racking up points

taz3 wrote:lol, never fails. I almost threw in the towel on trying to locate bolts. We use them in some of our racing applications, but I haven't had any luck finding exactly what I wanted "on the shelf" so to speak.
Racing is what they specialize in. So as you know the materials aren't cheap and most of the fasteners were made custom for our application so they aren't standard which increased the cost of the kit. Being on this side of the border means we tack on the exchange too. I feel, if you plan on keeping a bow long term or you're just having fun tinkering with one, the cost is worth it.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Explain a little more to us the design work please. Head size, bit size, torque specification, etc. Very interested in the weight reduction overall too. Pounds, ounces, grains, etc. Also, the effects that the elements impart on the regular fasteners VS. the replacements. I see that you posted 3 times here so you must be extremely knowledgeable about these, and very passionate as well. I have a few Excalibur Bows, and I'm looking to purchase another one, this information sure would be helpful on buying these.
Thanks in advance!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
XCaddis

Post by XCaddis »

Which kit would I use for the EXOMAX model?
XCaddis

Excalibur Exomax
STS
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder

Guns are part of our Cultural Heritage. Please respect our diversity!!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

newbie wrote:Derrick put a ton of effort back and forth with Ti64 to get the kits put together.

X2....Many forum members don't realize the work that some people put into stuff like this for the good of all forum members!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
taz3

Post by taz3 »

racking up points wrote:
taz3 wrote:lol, never fails. I almost threw in the towel on trying to locate bolts. We use them in some of our racing applications, but I haven't had any luck finding exactly what I wanted "on the shelf" so to speak.
Racing is what they specialize in. So as you know the materials aren't cheap and most of the fasteners were made custom for our application so they aren't standard which increased the cost of the kit. Being on this side of the border means we tack on the exchange too. I feel, if you plan on keeping a bow long term or you're just having fun tinkering with one, the cost is worth it.
I'm impressed with the pricing, when I was looking at have the larger bolts done I was well over the asking price of the kit. I think it will be an investment for me, heck it can't be any worse then the custom stock I put all the hours in lol.

Thanks for putting in the effort!
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting