a real lesson about camo

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Deadeye

a real lesson about camo

Post by Deadeye »

Hey everyone,

Went out last night for a few hr's to a thick wooded place that I new a buck was holdin in last yr. Walked in very quietly, was standing in some thick vegetation deciding which tree to climb when I heard what sounded like a ground squirel, didn't pay much attention. Heard it again, and disreguarded it. Finally as I was about to take my stand off my back, a huge 10 pt'r come bustin out of the cedar thicket. Not 8 yards from me! I just froze, wow I think he never saw me... He was moving but didn't appear to be spooked...I couldn't get my tree stand off my back in time to make a clean shot but I really beleive in my cammo now. I felt like I could reach out and touch his hair as he went by.

I hope I see that badboy again when the Exomag is loaded and I'mup in the tree!

Deadeye
Blood make's the grass grow, Owh-ay!
peter p

Post by peter p »

At least you know he's there.
Hope you get him.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

You should always have your bow ready :lol: .

When we went to our deer camp my dad used to tell me to take my gun everywhere, even to the outhouse. I never did, but I got the point. You never know when you'll see one. I saw a ten point buck last year in Toronto. There was a small field on one side of the road and a shopping mall on the other. He was on the shoulder of the road looking across at the mall :shock:. It was in January, so I think he was heading over to buy some boots and gloves :lol: :lol: :lol:.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!