Who shoots 3D shoots with a crossbow?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TPM

Re: Who shoots 3D shoots with a crossbow?

Post by TPM »

Big John wrote:Hey I remember some of those pics!!
They are from our Port Colbourne 3D Shoot!
Very fun event. As long as you don't go in thinkin your the best! :shock: :lol: Very humbling course!!

Big John

Every form of archery is always welcome there!
Yup, some are Port Colbourne, I know the big group shot was there. It is a humbling course. Would love to shoot it again with the old crowd. :D
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

ArcheryAddict wrote:How do the scores compare between the top crossbow shooters and the top open class compound shooters. I can't see the crossbow scores being any bet or even as good as the compound guys myself. It's easier to hold a open class compound setup correctly still on target than it is a crossbow free handed.That makes a big difference shooting a small 12 ring at 40-50yds.
I've shot competitive 3D nationally and a little bit internationally being some small shoots in Washington and the Pacific Northwest Triple Crown. Some parallels I've made with compounds and crossbows is that you still need to work form regularly. It's not just practice, but perfect practice. I've dedicated a tremendous amount of time to compound shooting and I believe if I dedicated the same amount of time to crossbow shooting the results would be comparable. However, I haven't dedicated nearly as much time to crossbow shooting as compound shooting. So, my observation is this, if I haven't shot my compound regularly, I'm more accurate with my crossbow. If I can dedicate a solid two weeks to my compound, I'll be more accurate with it.I can't say if that's because of my background in competitive 3D shooting or if it's a matter of the tool used. I do find the compound more stable once it becomes a part of me though (versus feeling foreign in my hands like it does now.) :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
TPM

Post by TPM »

ArcheryAddict wrote:How do the scores compare between the top crossbow shooters and the top open class compound shooters. I can't see the crossbow scores being any bet or even as good as the compound guys myself. It's easier to hold a open class compound setup correctly still on target than it is a crossbow free handed.That makes a big difference shooting a small 12 ring at 40-50yds.
We have some pretty top notch compound shooters in Southern Ontario and I don't think I've been to a shoot ever where the top crossbow score was higher than the top open class compound score.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
JerseyJeff

Post by JerseyJeff »

wsisk wrote:
amythntr wrote:....In the People's Republic of New Jersey...Crossbows and Crossbow Shooters are the enemy to all of the "real archers." Our bows are BAD,BAD,BAD on targets and they have no place in the REAL WORD OF ARCHERY because crossbows are just so dangerous, shoot SOOOOOOOOOOOO fast and NEVER,EVER, EVER miss their appointed target!

....so that is why we are not allowed to shoot at 3D Shoots! This is what they tell me when I call and ask why crossbows are not allowed.

....and you wonder why I want to move to Pensytucky?

Anthony :)
I heard every time you try to get out they pull you back in :mrgreen:
Nope, he just can't afford to pay the EXIT TAX!!!!
Yep, it's true. N.J. requires folks moving out of the state to pay an exit tax. Can you believe that?
Matrix 355
Axiom
NRA
UBNJ
DU
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

I just googled that! That's insane!!!
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
Big John

Post by Big John »

I've never seen a Crossbow shooter beat a top Compound shooter yet. I shoot both as well. To me, I'm fairly close to equal with both. Some here have seen me switch it up at different events. I just like Archery. But, the Top Compound guys always score a little higher. It just makes me try harder with the crossbow to see if getting close to them is possible. Not yet! :roll: :lol: But one day maybe!
I do think that if it's going to be done, the Micro will do it. The front of the bow is now much closer to chest and easier to balance and hold. The older bows and even Matrix were farther outstretched with forearm.

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]