Great American Outdoor Show

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jody5252

Great American Outdoor Show

Post by jody5252 »

Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, PA Feb., 4 to 12 Anyone going? Largest of it's kind in the NE
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
ThackMan

Re: Great American Outdoor Show

Post by ThackMan »

I'll be there 2/9----2/10. :mrgreen:
BD400 w/ TT, HHA, Leupold 2-7x 33mm, 8ptbuk String, Munch Mount "Y", Kwikee-3SS, Dr Stirrup Kit
Grizzly, 8ptbuk String
18" SSST 112 gr Insert, SK300, Ignitor
18" BEZS 110 gr insert, Blazers, Lumenok
VPA 3 blade vented 100 gr
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Weather will be great on saturday I expect new record on crowds ..enjoy..
catclr

Post by catclr »

I have not been at the show since the fallout a few years ago, when it was the Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show. I also know that their are some companies that have not been at the show since the fall out. Also the total number of people going to the show has dropped. With that said, the weekends are still the worst time to go to the show, with all the people.
Matrix 355----Scorpion
Hawke XB1
DrStirrup Products All
nchunterkw,Boo strings
Steelforce B.H.
Magnus B.H. Ser-Razor 125 gr.
SPYNAL TAPP
Nufletch Ignitors
NockOut Lighted Nocks
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

catclr wrote:I have not been at the show since the fallout a few years ago, when it was the Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show. I also know that their are some companies that have not been at the show since the fall out. Also the total number of people going to the show has dropped. With that said, the weekends are still the worst time to go to the show, with all the people.
You got that right! I have been going to it off and for 30 yrs. It is by far not the same. I have always gone on Mondays. Still crowded.
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
cumberlandxbow

Post by cumberlandxbow »

I have gone to the show for years as i live about 25 minutes from harrisburg . Honestly, unless you are looking to book a hunt, you can get better deals on equipment elsewhere. By the time you pay to get in and park, you are down 20 bucks or so not to mention the crowds.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

know what you mean. go just about every year but not this year. gets to be a bit much.last 2 years went to look at booking an Alaskan hunt/fish combo and was very dissapointed as there werent many.lots to see but your feet will ache after walking all that concrete floor thats for sure.i may go every few years instead.just the wait getting in the front door is ridiculous too.wish they had a faster system cause you freeze your butt off waiting.nice to see new gear but no real bargains.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

catclr wrote:I have not been at the show since the fallout a few years ago, when it was the Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show. I also know that their are some companies that have not been at the show since the fall out. Also the total number of people going to the show has dropped. With that said, the weekends are still the worst time to go to the show, with all the people.
....If there was a fallout and some people don't go anymore...I am grateful because I felt like i was part of a herd of cattle! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Cost to go to show is big turnoff but lots still go..

They need to open their eyes and see what is happening..When things were cheap to get in even a bad day of weather place was packed ...
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

amythntr wrote:
....If there was a fallout and some people don't go anymore...I am grateful because I felt like i was part of a herd of cattle! :lol: :lol: :lol:

What was cost of ticket and cost of parking/Thanks...
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

sproulman wrote:
amythntr wrote:

What was cost of ticket and cost of parking/Thanks...
$14 (Im not a senior yet) for the ticket and $10 to park.....I did not think it was a lot....it is what happened when i walked through the doors thinking I was not going to spend anything that was costly. :oops: :cry: :oops: :cry:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

:lol: :lol: c'mon Anthony, spill it! What did you take home?

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

paulaboutform wrote::lol: :lol: c'mon Anthony, spill it! What did you take home?

Paul
....I did so Paisan on a different post re the Sportsman show.....My wife was not buying the fact that I bought HER a painting called the "3 Kings" of 3 majestic deer....I figured I could get our anniversary and Valentines day in together.... :oops: :lol:

....I did buy a machete for the next time I try to reach in my pocket for my wallet!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Boo

Post by Boo »

amythntr wrote:
....I did buy a machete for the next time I try to reach in my pocket for my wallet!

You should get a fly swatter for the moths that fly out of your wallet when you open it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

boo,I bet place was packed sat/sun..