looking and held some bows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowrook

looking and held some bows

Post by xbowrook »

i had to do some work near our local bow shop so i figured what the heck, i'll stop in and take a look.. talked to the owner the other day and he said he had all the new bows in.. got to hold the 355 raid, wow.. very nice.. i looked at the grizzly 2, i thought of selling my axiom and getting this for my boy.. everything was nice other than the scope, didn't like it at all.. for the price i am not complaining, just felt that the scope made the whole thing feel "cheap".. i am glad i held different excaliburs, because for so long i said i wanted a micro.. but now, i think i would probably choose a matrix.. i felt that the micro's were so small that my eye relief on the scopes were really off.. the matrix seemed to "fit" me like a glove.. not ready to buy yet, but now i know what i want, either the bulldog 400 or the 380... now i just have to start saving and hopefully by this fall will have the funds to take the dive..
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
taz3

Re: looking and held some bows

Post by taz3 »

I agree, I didn't like how short the Micro was when I put it up to my shoulder in the store. It was well balanced, light and surprisingly small, just too short at the stock IMO.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting

Post by newbie »

That raid was a 335.
Thats the great thing about Excalibur. ...we all have choices of bows that fit us best.
The Micro and me are like bread and butter :wink:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

taz3 wrote:I agree, I didn't like how short the Micro was when I put it up to my shoulder in the store. It was well balanced, light and surprisingly small, just too short at the stock IMO.
that's exactly what i told myself.. love them, just too short in terms of length.. i was kind of disappointed because i really really want one.. but once i held the matrix bows, i fell in love again... lol
Excalibur Matrix 330 Bulldog Suppressed, 18" Diablo bolts, 100 grain Rage Crossbow X blade
taz3

Post by taz3 »

newbie wrote:That raid was a 335.
Thats the great thing about Excalibur. ...we all have choices of bows that fit us best.
The Micro and me are like bread and butter :wink:
X2, the variety is great! I've been looking to purchase a new one, thankfully hunting season is a ways away, so I can take my time to make a choice.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
schott

Post by schott »

new to crossbows, could someone tell me why they don't offer these bows with adjustable stocks :?:
taz3

Post by taz3 »

schott wrote:new to crossbows, could someone tell me why they don't offer these bows with adjustable stocks :?:
It is only recently they have gotten so small/short with the Micro series. The older series were able to add stock extensions of different lengths, I have one my Phoenix.
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
tcwild

Post by tcwild »

What is the difference between the grizzly and grizzly2?
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

tcwild wrote:What is the difference between the grizzly and grizzly2?

the grizzly is camo and the grizzly 2 is black stock with camo limbs..
grizzly comes with a varizone or dead zone scope and the grizzly 2 has a fixed power scope.. grizzly has a thumbhole stock and the grizzly 2 has the micro skeletionized stock...
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

taz3 wrote:
schott wrote:new to crossbows, could someone tell me why they don't offer these bows with adjustable stocks :?:
It is only recently they have gotten so small/short with the Micro series. The older series were able to add stock extensions of different lengths, I have one my Phoenix.
very true,... because i shoot the exo series bow, it was quite an adjustment holding a far smaller, more compact bow.. i am sure one would get accustomed to it quickly, but for first impression, it is quite smaller..
Minnow

Post by Minnow »

Did u handle both types of micro stock? I felt the same way when I handled the bulldog but I was fine with the original micro 355. I don't think I'm a fan of the bull pup stock, for me that's when I seem to have a problem with eye relief
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender
xbowrook

Post by xbowrook »

Minnow wrote:Did u handle both types of micro stock? I felt the same way when I handled the bulldog but I was fine with the original micro 355. I don't think I'm a fan of the bull pup stock, for me that's when I seem to have a problem with eye relief
yeah i did.. i liked the 355 but i found the bulldog 400 and the matrix 380 fit me a little better.. the suppressor and the 355 seemed fine.. i just found the micro's i had a weird eye relief... found it tough to get a good look through the scopes.. if i had to choose today i would be faced with a very very tough choice...