Great two days on our property.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GREY OWL

Great two days on our property.

Post by GREY OWL »

The bucks are definetely beginning to start the rut. Saw lots of Whitetails, in particular two big handsome bucks. Both had just made each a small scrape, one, not far from one of my treestands. I'm very excited, after 30 years of hunting, this is my first using archery (Xbow). Going out next weekend for my first hunt. I never realized how much work it is to set-up, bait and clear lanes.

On my scouting Wednesday night, I saw something I didn't want to see, MULE DEER. Their from a splinter group 2 miles away, its just a matter of time. Now my son Little Owl will be joining me this season, that's all he needs is to shoot the wrong deer. Also saw a good size buck with a HUGE GROWTH under his neck and brisket, at least the size of a basketball. When he ran it was like a Holstein cow, it swayed side to side. I saw one like this 4 years ago on our property, I'm thinking it must be the same one. Does anyone know what causes this deformation?

The next day, late in the day near dark, I was going down our trail with truck and trailer loaded with firewood, when I spotted a Black Bear on the road. It ran over the hill, so I booted it, as I came up over the hill I could see something black in the tall grass, out jumps a cub, running to catch up to the mother. By then the mother was already in the bush, but what I didn't see was another cub, which jumped right out in front of the truck. I jammed on the binders just touching the little guy, and sent him flying. It was the cutest thing, he did a somersault, got back on his pigeon toed feet and kept running. They were the same bears that woke me up this spring when they came to check my garbage by our camper.

I got some nice pictures of our property which I'll post maybe this weekend.

Good luck to all Deer Hunters, like one of our forum members says, " Whack 'em and Stack'em"

Grey Owl