Slick Tricks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ThunderXB

Slick Tricks

Post by ThunderXB »

OK, while I love my 100 gr Spitfire mechanicals (1 1/2" - 2" versions) I will be testing Toxics and Slick Tricks for fixed blade alternative.

MY QUESTION is this:

Which Slick Tricks seem to the best/most appropriate.

They do have a specific 1 1/8" Crossbow version and that would be my normal choice, but they have a large variety and other styles look good too.

Anyone have any good/bad experience with them??
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
Normous

Re: Slick Tricks

Post by Normous »

Slick Tip,
To improve runout when using Slick Tricks position the rounded side of the supplied washer toward the tip or point.
You may need glasses :lol:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Rich, regarding the slicks, they're all very well made, razor sharp, and fly great. I've shot the 100gr standards and 125gr grizztrick 2's. Just make sure to spin test them to make sure you have no wobble. If you do simply loosen them and turn the washer then tighten and test again.
Regarding the toxics, they're just awesome. I have found the 100gr to be more accurate which makes sense simply because of the smaller profile. However, don't let the smaller profile fool you. They still leave a blood trail like you won't believe.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

paulaboutform wrote:Rich, regarding the slicks, they're all very well made, razor sharp, and fly great. I've shot the 100gr standards and 125gr grizztrick 2's. Just make sure to spin test them to make sure you have no wobble. If you do simply loosen them and turn the washer then tighten and test again.
Regarding the toxics, they're just awesome. I have found the 100gr to be more accurate which makes sense simply because of the smaller profile. However, don't let the smaller profile fool you. They still leave a blood trail like you won't believe.

Paul

I'll get that 18-1 and hold it for you if I can practice on it with the Toxics in the meantime?? :shock:
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

ThunderXB wrote:
paulaboutform wrote:Rich, regarding the slicks, they're all very well made, razor sharp, and fly great. I've shot the 100gr standards and 125gr grizztrick 2's. Just make sure to spin test them to make sure you have no wobble. If you do simply loosen them and turn the washer then tighten and test again.

Paul

I'll get that 18-1 and hold it for you if I can practice on it with the Toxics in the meantime?? :shock:
Shipping that 18-1 will be lots cheaper after you practice on it a while with those Toxics!
bowman81

Post by bowman81 »

I use 125 gr. Standards (1") and Magnums (1 1/8") out of a Matrix 355 and an Axiom. They fly great and both are deadly on game. I chose that weight to give me a 400 gr. overall arrow weight.
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

I have the 175gn Slicks and I also use the 170gn NAP FOC on the same arrow. I have yet to use the slicks on game but like Paul said if they wobble just loosen and reset the washer until they spin true. They fly just like the FOC out to 40y and possibly further - I just haven't played with them much past that distance. Can't wait to see the results on deer or bear this fall.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
SEW

Post by SEW »

For 3 seasons, I've had the same arrows tipped with either 175g Xbow Tricks or FOCs. Xbow a Tricks indexed 3,6,9,12, FOCs 6,12. Same poi except by 100 yds, the Xbow Trick is 1" low.
I'm now using Griz Tricks 125g/92g inserts on STs and on another combination 26g inserts/175g Xbow Tricks and FOCs.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I've shot the 100gr standards, 125gr Magnums ad 150gr Xbow Tricks. All fly well out to 40. As was said before spin test them and adjust washer as required. I've also found you can "mix and match" blades in any ferrule with no loss of accuracy. All leave a big hole so don't worry about that. Even the "tiny" 1" standard makes a big hole.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><