Why so much upgrading??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Highcountry

Re: Why so much upgrading??

Post by Highcountry »

I noticed a large number of hunters on this forum have switched from stock trigger to a trigger tech trigger. I'm pretty new to excalibur crossbows are the trigger techs that much better and why?
Boo

Post by Boo »

A TriggerTech trigger is a frictionless trigger unit. Instead of using 2 sear surfaces that drag on each other, there is a roller between sear surfaces. That is the sole functional difference between the triggers. The result is no gritty feeling and the creep can be fully controlled into being a single stage or a 2 stage trigger.
Keep in mind that there is only a very small percentage of Excalibur owner's are not happy with their triggers. For hunting, the reality is that a finely tuned trigger is of little real benefit to most shooters. It's more for the shooters or hunters that are fussy about their triggers and find triggers that are less than a custom feel, distracting.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Highcountry

Post by Highcountry »

I was just curious mine seem perfect that's why I asked.
SEW

Post by SEW »

Highcountry wrote:I noticed a large number of hunters on this forum have switched from stock trigger to a trigger tech trigger. I'm pretty new to excalibur crossbows are the trigger techs that much better and why?
I think Boo's post (2 posts down from quoted post) is dead on. I treat my xbows and arrows like I'm benchrest shooting, because I am. I try to set up every Xbow to be as accurate as practical using benchrest techniques. After the Xbow/arrows are optimized, and only then, I work on my being able to shoot it under hunting conditions. The TT triggers are smoother than the stock triggers which seem to vary in smoothness. My latter 2 xbows (405 & 400) had pretty decent factory triggers: nothing Excal should apologize for at all.
I shoot my xbows between 1,000-2,000 shots a year from a bench and from a couple of tree stands with multiple deer targets for realistic field training. When considering all the "upgrades" on each Xbow, the TT trigger is just a small part of the overall cost. A necessity - no. But is a little icing on the cake.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I do upgrading from time to time. I have 4 long limb Excaliburs. Upgraded 3 scopes 2 or three years ago. Had my main hunting crossbow still with a Varizone scope which was upgraded yesterday and will be added when it arrives.

My crossbows hit 90lb, 110lb, 125lb, 175lb, 210lb. Got a Tenpoint GT Flex that has 3 adjustable weight ranges. Plan on keeping them and no intentions of getting new one at the present time.

Got spare parts to maintain what I own and cranks for all my crossbows if/when I need them.

Good deals always arrive if one has time to wait. If a good deal is placed in my lap I may bite someday. Until then I will shoot my long limbers.

CHEERS!
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Highcountry wrote:I noticed a large number of hunters on this forum have switched from stock trigger to a trigger tech trigger. I'm pretty new to excalibur crossbows are the trigger techs that much better and why?
In my short experience triggers can vary, I bought a Micro 315 last summer and the trigger was nice,it was my first crossbow. I love it but this board turned me on to the faster badder micro models. I took a friend (new to crossbows) crossbow shopping and we both came home with Suppressors. I took mine back because I like perfection.And thus the Trigger tech.