String wax and rail lubes

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

donny.brooke

String wax and rail lubes

Post by donny.brooke »

My micro supressor is showing up today and want to grab the proper maintenance lubes and waxes. Any input on what would be the best items to get to set me up. I hear guys using serving wax ? Coming from a compound bow where they dont like you to wax servings, is this wax to lube the serving on the rail area? If so is wax and rail lube used together. Can I use my bohning synthetic wax on the strings and servings on the crossbow? Im totally a rookie here and want to start off on the right foot.
Dr.Stirruped Micro 355
Rem 700 LSS Mountain 280 Rem.
WVCBH

Re: String wax and rail lubes

Post by WVCBH »

I use a silicone string wax and no rail lube. I just keep the rail clean and wipe it with a very lightly oiled rag.
16977028_823193461165472_988816620_n.jpg
Still lovin' my EXCALIBUR MICRO 355! :-)
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

X2 ...string wax and wd 40 rail wipe .dont forget to wipe the rail groove ocasionally.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

You can use that wax. However, this is a case of less being better. Only wax your string when it's starting to look dry or getting fuzzy. Even then, use a very light amount of wax and rub it into your string and center serving vigorously until it looks wet. Do not use rail lube. Rail lube, like too much wax, will cause premature serving separation and can get into your trigger box and gum it up. Rather, keep your rail clean by using jigaloo or a good silicone spray on a microfiber cloth. Avoid string contact, wipe down the rail and then wipe again with a clean part of the microfiber cloth to remove any excess. I strongly recommend going to the Boocustomstrings website and reading up on this and many other useful bits of information.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

paulaboutform wrote:You can use that wax. However, this is a case of less being better. Only wax your string when it's starting to look dry or getting fuzzy. Even then, use a very light amount of wax and rub it into your string and center serving vigorously until it looks wet. Do not use rail lube. Rail lube, like too much wax, will cause premature serving separation and can get into your trigger box and gum it up. Rather, keep your rail clean by using jigaloo or a good silicone spray on a microfiber cloth. Avoid string contact, wipe down the rail and then wipe again with a clean part of the microfiber cloth to remove any excess. I strongly recommend going to the Boocustomstrings website and reading up on this and many other useful bits of information.

Paul
Yep, I use a paper towel with WD-40 to clean my rail, it leaves very little this way, but slicks the rail a bit. NO WAX on serving if it is served with Angel Majesty. It has no benefit, and promotes separation.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Chefrific

Post by Chefrific »

Does anyone know what serving material Danny Miller uses for the flemish strings he makes for the micro?
-2019 Assassin 420
-2015 Micro 335 RTX
-2013 Vortex
Boo

Post by Boo »

Chefrific wrote:Does anyone know what serving material Danny Miller uses for the flemish strings he makes for the micro?
0.036" Angel Majesty.
Some people just like stepping on rakes