What happen on your opening day?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Post by Guest »

In Okla. I had a great opening day(10-01-04) :P . Got busted by a deer that blew as it flew out of the woods, while on my way to my stand. Stayed in stand til 11AM then went to lunch and returned to the stand at 2PM.

At 5:35 had a lone doe walking upwind of me and she was very alert as
she approached the bait. After several minutes she was broadside at 20 yds. & looking the other direction. The Exocet made its 1st ever shot at game. She ran about 20 yds and I saw her beside a tree then she dropped there.. The bolt went through both lungs and I recovered it.
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Congratulations "guest"...! :)
I'm still waiting to get my first shot at game with my Exocet :wink:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife

Post by Guest »

Gosh, you would have to ask. The day before opening day, (Sept 30) I twisted my knee pretty good. Opening morning, I struggled to get to my closest stand, near the back of my property. After and hour in the tree, I couldn't take the pain anymore and had to come down. It then swelled up like a soccer ball. Since then, I've been taking it easy, staying off my knee, and am just about to die because I can't hunt. The swelling is going down, and I can see my knee cap again. I'll be in the woods in no time...there's deer to be had!
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

I'll try that again, logged in. Sorry!

Gosh, you would have to ask. The day before opening day, (Sept 30) I twisted my knee pretty good. Opening morning, I struggled to get to my closest stand, near the back of my property. After and hour in the tree, I couldn't take the pain anymore and had to come down. It then swelled up like a soccer ball. Since then, I've been taking it easy, staying off my knee, and am just about to die because I can't hunt. The swelling is going down, and I can see my knee cap again. I'll be in the woods in no time...there's deer to be had!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Gary M. you say "I'll be in the woods in no time...there's deer to be had!" and you are right :!: Take care of that knee first their is time, heal fast. :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!